Windows 10: Parallels 12 with Windows 7 extremely slow?

Discus and support Parallels 12 with Windows 7 extremely slow? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed Home Premium yesterday on my Mac Book Pro with i9, 64gb RAM and a Radeon 5500 Pro in Parallels 12 Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium. Now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jvnxs204, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Jvnxs204 Win User

Parallels 12 with Windows 7 extremely slow?

I installed Home Premium yesterday on my Mac Book Pro with i9, 64gb RAM and a Radeon 5500 Pro in Parallels 12 Windows 7 64Bit Home Premium. Now the problem is that it runs so slow and jerky that you couldn't even use Word or similar. I have assigned as much hardware as I can in the Parallels settings, but it's not even running smoothly - what can I do?

:)

Jvnxs204, Jun 6, 2020

2. Jumplist sometimes extremely slow

I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 recently.

Only after a few days, the jump lists started to get extremely slow.

But they behave that way just for a while, then they work as they should again.

When slow, it takes several minutes for the jump list to appear. It is extremely annoying. Especially e.g. when I have opened a remote desktop and want to open another one via the jumplist.

I had exactly the same problem with my old Windows 7 PC and assumed that I would get rid of that problem,
    changing both PC and OS, but no.

I do not want the standard answers to this problem:

- Disable Aero

- Clear the (Explorer) Cache for Jump lists

- etc.

It is definitely something else. I mean, how would the jump list cache get full after only a week? And why does the jump list get slow only sometimes and then suddenly works just fine again?

So please, give me an answer that takes this into consideration.

Anders Edvin, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Extremely Slow Wifi on LG Optimus 7

Hi

Recently I've been experiencing extremely slow wifi speeds when using my LG Optimus 7. When I first got the phone the wifi was working at regular speeds but recently it has gotten extremely slow for no apparent reason.
    The problem has nothing to do with my wifi router since my laptop, XBOX 360 and iPod work perfectly with wifi.
    I usually get 3 bars of data with my phone but even when I turn off data and allow the wifi to fully connect when waking from sleep, it still works extremely slow.
    Is this a bug with WP7 or is there a fix to it?

Thanks.

jason86586, Jun 6, 2020
  4. andrekish Win User

Extremely slow Windows Explorer. Please help.

Hello - there's solution posted here - but cannot say if it works totally yet though but it has helped me just now. Hope it helps you too. Save any work open first, before you do this.

Taken from site at this board - Solved File explorer slow with loading thumnails and files - Windows 10 Forums

Step by step guide:
    1. Hold Win+r to open run
    2. Type msconfig and hit ok or enter
    3. Click Services
    4. Navigate to Windows search (you can sort the list in descending alphabetical order)
    5. Uncheck tickbox
    6. Click apply then ok
    7. Select to restart now

Hope this works for you.

-- Your system will need a restart when it reconfigures itself so save any work first. I tried this myself and it ran slow first time while it indexed slow directories - then after I closed file explorer and reloaded it it ran fast on slow directories. I hope it helps you. Best of luck and best wishes.

andrekish, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Parallels 12 with Windows 7 extremely slow? - Similar Threads - Parallels extremely slow

2. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  3. Windows search is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search is extremely slow: Dear MIcrosoft,Indexing was extremely slow so I ran the troubleshooter and got this. I found a thread that was the same which suggested a Clean Boot which I have done but this did not help.I have an ACER Aspire 3 i7 running Windows 11. This is not the first time that I have...
  4. Windows booting extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows booting extremely slow: Hi all,So there is a problem with my new laptop, it has been around 30 days since I brought a new laptop its a gaming laptop I mean a good one I can play any game in high to max setting with around 60+ fps but as I am a human so I am greedy, I wanted more fps so someone told...
  5. Windows 10 is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is extremely slow: I have no idea why this is. I was running Windows 10 perfectly on my Dell Latitude E7440 but now everything just runs so slowly. I tried resetting my laptop twice but the same errors still persist?? I also attempted to modify the minimum and maximum amounts of ram Windows...
  6. Windows downloads extremely slow.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows downloads extremely slow.: I have been trying to download a large app from the windows store for over two hours now ~150 Gigabytes and it has really brought to light an issue i've been having with the windows store for a while now. My download will only reach 40 megabits a second, when it should be...
  7. Extremely slow Windows

Extremely slow Windows: For some reason my Windows 10 Acer laptop has become extremely slow during the last week or so. I have run the PERFMON /REPORT and see there is a problem which I don't understand and would appreciate help with. Here is a screen print of the report :[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Explorer is extremely slow

Windows Explorer is extremely slow: Hello everyone, so yesterday my PC and power supply was off when the light went off for 1-2 minutes. Then when the lights came back on I went to my PC play Minecraft. I turn on my PC and everything is normal until I logged into the user. My PC specs are: Ryzen 7 2700x 16...
  9. Extremely Slow

Extremely Slow: My computer is terribly slow. There's a lag for EVERY action performed; turning on the computer and logging in, opening google chrome, opening a new tab, loading a website, shutting off the computer, EVERYTHING. I don't know what to do. I've only used about 1/3 of my...
  10. Windows 10 extremely slow

Windows 10 extremely slow: Hello, I have problem with my computer speed. It gets so bad that it take me 2min to press start-power-shut down when turning off computer shut be 3s thing. Laptop has intel core i5-4210U, 500GB (only 138 is actually used), 4GB of RAM. Windows 10 Pro is installed and without...