Windows 10: Parallels to bootcamp shift

Discus and support Parallels to bootcamp shift in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have been using Windows 10 on my MacBook through Parallels. Now, my Parallels license has expired. I would like to Install Bootcamp and use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AnveetChawla, May 14, 2020.

1. Parallels to bootcamp shift

Hi,

I have been using Windows 10 on my MacBook through Parallels. Now, my Parallels license has expired. I would like to Install Bootcamp and use the activation key of Windows 10. How may I go about this?

I cannot access the windows 10 activation key anymore since Parallels won't let me login.

Please help.

Warm regards,

Anveet

:)

AnveetChawla, May 14, 2020
  2. ABRXC Win User

Dual Bootcamp and Parallels Installation?

Can the same retail version of Windows 10 be installed and activated in both Bootcamp and Parallels on the same iMac?

ABRXC, May 14, 2020
  3. Ivan_Lai Win User
    Parallels 11 to Bootcamp Win 10 activation

Installed a licensed copy of Win 7 pro 64 bit under Parallels 11 at my new MacBook. Upgrade to Win 10 64 bit Pro with no problem with activation. Found out that 1 of my USB Token is not function properly and decided to switch to Bootcamp as both tech at
    Microsoft and Parallels unable to resolve the issue.

Created a bootable Win 10 USB and proceed with Bootcamp installation (Unable to use Win 7 as the latest MacBook Bootcamp require Win 8 and above). Installed Win 10 without entering product key and after installation it did detect my product key for Win 10
    from previous installation under Parallels 11. My USB Token now function correctly. However, under Bootcamp my Win 10 is not activated even though it detected my product key.

Parallels to bootcamp shift 21ba6e4f-652b-4b86-9426-d7e4ca946311.jpg

Called Microsoft and they suggest me to get a new copy of Win 10. That is not helpful at all. Unable to install Win 7 under Bootcamp to re-upgrade again. Is there any other way to resolve this?

Ivan_Lai, May 14, 2020
  4. Parallels to bootcamp shift

Parallels / Bootcamp upgrade to Windows 10?

I have 3 Mac computers and 3 licenses for Windows 8.1 Pro. Parallels 10 had the ability to access the Bootcamp partition from within Mac OS 10.10.4 without creating a virtual machine on the Mac partition. I have upgraded two of the three computers to Windows
    10 and ran into problems with licensing. I upgraded the first Mac Bootcamp partition to Windows 10, using the Windows Media Creation Tool and the upgrade proceeded smoothly. When I tried to access Windows using Parallels, I received a message that a new activation
    was required and there was no number to call at Microsoft to say this was not a different computer or even a separate installation of Windows. I was able to continue using Windows 10 directly from Bootcamp.

On the second Mac, Windows 8.1 was installed as a virtual machine. Upgrade failed because the Parallels display adapter was to supported. Since I was having other problems with this version of Windows, I backed up my data and reinstalled Windows 8.1 on
    Bootcamp. I was then able to upgrade to Windows 10. I am leaving my Mac Mini alone until I figure out what to do.

My question is whether there is any way to access Windows 10 Bootcamp from Parallels which was possible for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1? I should say that the performance of Windows using Bootcamp is much better than using a virtual machine.

ByronCooper521, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Parallels to bootcamp shift

1. Parallels to bootcamp shift - Similar Threads - Parallels bootcamp shift

2. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallels to Bootcamp: Hi,I wanted to deactivate Windows 10 on Parallels virutal machine, and activate the license in Bootcamp. How am I supposed to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-to-bootcamp/b48a7614-c730-4afc-8bb1-e094ace99388
  3. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parallels to Bootcamp: Hi,I wanted to deactivate Windows 10 on Parallels virutal machine, and activate the license in Bootcamp. How am I supposed to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-to-bootcamp/b48a7614-c730-4afc-8bb1-e094ace99388
  4. Parallels to Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels

Parallels Bootcampwindows 10, Parallels: Bootcampwin10ParallelsWin10 ? ParallelsWin10BootcampWin10Win10ParallelsBootcampWin10? Win10Parallelsbootcampwin10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parallels-%E5%B0%8E%E5%85%A5/3d161461-d3fe-4318-a531-de6c3af2cd5e
  6. Bootcamp

Bootcamp: I downloaded Windows and set everything up from my 2019 Macbook Pro. Now I try to go back to Mac, I cannot find the Boot camp icon in the arrow sign and this is very bad for me since I have work to finish on that mac. So can someone please respond asap...
  7. Parallels Desktop breaks Bootcamp Manager bootcamp.exe

Parallels Desktop breaks Bootcamp Manager bootcamp.exe: Hello everybody, I have a problem with Parallels Desktop breaking Bootcamp.exe. To explain what happens, I'll describe the process step by step. First of all, I'm using a MacBook Pro 15" 2017, 2.0 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 and Windows 10 Pro 1909...
  8. MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MacOS Catalina - BOOTCAMP - WIN10 - Parallels Desktop 15: Just before I start - I have tried all regular responses found on forums, and no, I will not appreciate blanket scripted copy paste answers that I am capable of finding myself. I wouldn't be writing here if I managed to fix the issue with "those" answers. please note that...
  9. Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bootcamp: I would like to be able to find the serial number for my windows 10 running from Apple Bootcamp. Any assistance would be appreciated. I need it to download a program called Multism....
  10. Parallels

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Parallels: I've got a Core i7 Mac Mini, I installed Parallels on it and Windows 8.1 from Bootcamp. I installed Chrome on Parallels but would also like to try Windows 10 on it. Would that interfere with 8.1 or are they completely separate, does anyone know. I don't want to trash 8.1 if I...