Windows 10: Parallels virtual machine

Discus and support Parallels virtual machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed a Parallels virtual machine onto my MacBook pro. I used my windows 10 License key to activate windows. The virtual machine became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bruce Demont, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Parallels virtual machine

I installed a Parallels virtual machine onto my MacBook pro. I used my windows 10 License key to activate windows.

The virtual machine became corrupted and had to be deactivated and removed. Now I cannot log back into my windows account as my license key is still logged against my deleted parallels virtual machine. Is there a way to overcome this?

:)

Bruce Demont, Apr 1, 2020
  2. S_and_S Win User

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Parallels virtual machine

Windows 10 Virtual Machine activation after virtualization software change (Fusion to Parallels on the same physical host)

I had my windows 10 virtual machine activated - upgraded from windows 7, had a digital licence for the upgrade. Using VMware Fusion for a while, but know I want to switch to Parallels.

Today I downloaded a Parallels trial version, made a snapshot in VMware Fusion, and imported the VM in Parallels on the same physical host - my laptop.

The Parallels VM is not activated and, when I try to do that, I cannot.. What do I need to do? It is the same physical hardware but the Windows VM sees it as different.

NikolaVuceljic, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Parallels virtual machine

1. Parallels virtual machine - Similar Threads - Parallels virtual machine

2. Running Windows 11 under a new Parallels Virtual Machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Windows 11 under a new Parallels Virtual Machine.: I'm running Windows 11 under a Parallels virtual machine. My previous Windows 11 Pro VM became corrupted so I couldn't access it. I've created a new VM and installed Windows 11, it's been installed as Windows Home. I have a Windows Pro license not an OEM version, but cannot...
  3. Running Windows 11 under a new Parallels Virtual Machine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running Windows 11 under a new Parallels Virtual Machine.: I'm running Windows 11 under a Parallels virtual machine. My previous Windows 11 Pro VM became corrupted so I couldn't access it. I've created a new VM and installed Windows 11, it's been installed as Windows Home. I have a Windows Pro license not an OEM version, but cannot...
  4. Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine: So I had a a copy of Windows 11 activated on my Macbook Pro, and I factory reset that Macbook Pro. That completely erased the virtual machine too, but it's still linked to my account. I reinstalled Parallels, and Windows 11 and went to activate it, but it's not allowing me to...
  5. Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine

Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine: So I had a a copy of Windows 11 activated on my Macbook Pro, and I factory reset that Macbook Pro. That completely erased the virtual machine too, but it's still linked to my account. I reinstalled Parallels, and Windows 11 and went to activate it, but it's not allowing me to...
  6. using Windows 11 with Parallels Desktop virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using Windows 11 with Parallels Desktop virtual machine: I've got a new iMac with M1 chip, and Windows 10 does not run on Parallels virtual machine. So I was able to get an 'insider' install of Windows 11, but it cannot be customized since it is not authorized this is Microsoft's doing, not mine. The only Win 11 I can buy costs...
  7. using Windows 11 with Parallels Desktop virtual machine

using Windows 11 with Parallels Desktop virtual machine: I've got a new iMac with M1 chip, and Windows 10 does not run on Parallels virtual machine. So I was able to get an 'insider' install of Windows 11, but it cannot be customized since it is not authorized this is Microsoft's doing, not mine. The only Win 11 I can buy costs...
  8. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  9. Installed Windows 10 on a virtual machine (Parallels for Mac) but switched to another...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installed Windows 10 on a virtual machine (Parallels for Mac) but switched to another...: I bought Windows 10 because I wanted to run programs that I could not on mac (games, mostly), However I wanted to change which virrtual machine I was using to check which runs better. However, Microsoft is not recognizing my copy of windows as genuine. How can I work this...
  10. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...