Windows 10: Parallels

Discus and support Parallels in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've got a Core i7 Mac Mini, I installed Parallels on it and Windows 8.1 from Bootcamp. I installed Chrome on Parallels but would also like to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by BillyBob, Oct 22, 2014.

1. BillyBob Win User

Parallels

I've got a Core i7 Mac Mini, I installed Parallels on it and Windows 8.1 from Bootcamp. I installed Chrome on Parallels but would also like to try Windows 10 on it. Would that interfere with 8.1 or are they completely separate, does anyone know. I don't want to trash 8.1 if I can help it.

I've already got Windows 10 running on another couple of PCs but thought I'd like to see how it goes on my little Mac.

:)

BillyBob, Oct 22, 2014
  2. EricHosen Win User

Every Fast-Ring update since 14251 fails INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Bluescreen.

FIXED!

As an experiment, I extracted the .hds file from the parallels VM and spun it up in VirtualBox. The upgrade went perfectly, alas. It was now a Virtualbox VM. When I cloned it and brought it up in Parallels again, I got the same spinning splash screen. It
    was parallels. I upgraded from Parallels 10 to Parallels 11, and the problem is solved. I'm on 14271.

EricHosen, Oct 22, 2014
  3. Brother 5750e intellifax printer will not print with Win 10, WHY? This is supossed to be the best ever

Printer is an older Brother 5750e parallel with a parallel to USB cable for an adapter for USB port. Brother 5750e parallel is not an option for manual printer addition,but, Brother 5750e USB is.

BaffledLuddite, Oct 22, 2014
  4. strollin Win User

Parallels

Parallels is a virtualization platform. You should be able to create a VM for Win 10 that is completely separate from the VM for Win 8.1 or Chrome. You may not be able to run all of them at the same time but you should be able to set them up and run them individually.

strollin, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Berton Win User
    Right, as you have noted in your use Parallels is opened first then any OS can be installed within that window. Not opening a particular OS shouldn't affect opening a different one. I have VMWare Fusion on my MacBook Pro.

Berton, Oct 22, 2014
  6. BillyBob Win User
    Thanks guys, I'll give it a go, I just want to see which runs better in a VM, 8.1 or 10.

BillyBob, Oct 22, 2014
  7. adamf Win User
    I installed TP in my bootcamp partition with no issues (upgraded 8.1 actually).

You could install TP in parallels or (depending which partition you have space in) install it as a Hyper-V VM running under 8.1. There is a good tutorial here which will work at 8.1 as well Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

adamf, Oct 22, 2014
  8. BillyBob Win User

Parallels

Hi, I've got 8.1 in Bootcamp and used that in Parallels as well, I didn't really want to risk upgrading it to 10, so I just downloaded and installed through parallels. So now I've got 8.1 in Bootcamp and 8.1, TP and Crome in Parallels, the poor little Mac is struggling a bit, but it's all working.
    I might give Hyper V a shot later, thanks for the link.

BillyBob, Oct 22, 2014
  9. strollin Win User
    I wouldn't try running Hyper-V from your TP running in Parallels. That's running a VM from within a VM. The mini would definitely struggle with that.

strollin, Oct 22, 2014
  10. BillyBob Win User
    Fair enough, the poor little thing is already struggling, but I've got a couple of other PCs I can try it on, I'm starting to like this virtualisation thing, don't know why I haven't tried it before.

BillyBob, Oct 23, 2014
  11. Kari Win User
    Just for the records, I'm running Windows XP Mode in Virtual PC on a Windows 7 Ultimate vm running in Hyper-V on Windows 10 laptop, no issues as long as the RAM is correctly assigned. I gave the Hyper-V Windows 7 vm 3 GB and from that 1 GB to XP Mode in Windows 7, leaving 3 of my total 6 GB for host itself *Smile.

Thema:

Parallels

1. Parallels - Similar Threads - Parallels

2. can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se: I have a client how uses windows 98se on old computers for machines, they use 3 parallel ports my question is can those usb to parallel port cables instead of a physical port, can I plug 3 cables into 1 machine? I ask here as there is alot of mixed information out there, so...
  3. can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can more than 1 usb to Parallel port cables on windows 98 se: I have a client how uses windows 98se on old computers for machines, they use 3 parallel ports my question is can those usb to parallel port cables instead of a physical port, can I plug 3 cables into 1 machine? I ask here as there is alot of mixed information out there, so...
  4. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  5. I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...

I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software...: I got an entry point not found in parallels 19 on a Mac Studio trying to run the software KrPanoI've tried deleting and reinstalling the KrPano Software multiple times and no .exe program from krpano seems to work....
  6. I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...: I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I bought a registration key windows 11 home but it does not work....
  7. I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...

I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I...: I have MacBook Pro M2 and parallels desktop.. Windows 11 automatically installed and I bought a registration key windows 11 home but it does not work....
  8. Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic: I updated my drivers lately and started to get problems with my earphones.So I have been using Airpods Pro 2 for some time and it worked perfectly. Best possible audio, and usage of microphone in calls without any workarounds. After updating it appeared, that It slowly...
  9. Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic

Headset is used in parallel as audio and mic: I updated my drivers lately and started to get problems with my earphones.So I have been using Airpods Pro 2 for some time and it worked perfectly. Best possible audio, and usage of microphone in calls without any workarounds. After updating it appeared, that It slowly...
  10. I need to re-download Windows 10 to run under Parallels on an iMac.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to re-download Windows 10 to run under Parallels on an iMac.: When I tried to download from Microsoft I got an error message "715-123130 and 2d546a55-084a-4420-b099-a2233c6f0a09". What is fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-re-download-windows-10-to-run-under/b30bb7e8-ae51-415b-b4dd-03323d1da7bc