Windows 10: "Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports

Discus and support "Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external hard drive from WD, which i often use to keep all of my important school projects and along with all my other data. recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rishi Popat, May 11, 2019.

1. "Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports

I have an external hard drive from WD, which i often use to keep all of my important school projects and along with all my other data. recently, whenever i plug in the hard-drive from the USB 3.0 ports in my laptop, it displays a message stating "parameter is incorrect". i have ran chkdsk command, and found out nothing was wrong. the drive works fine when i plug it in to my USB 2.0 port. i have tried solutions online, and would love any form of help as i have my exams start from next week.

:)

Rishi Popat, May 11, 2019

2. This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

Hi,

The error "This Parameter is incorrect" usually happens because of a system or disk errors. To isolate this issue, we suggest running CHKDSK using the command prompt. Running CHKDSK
    can check the integrity of a hard disk and can repair various file system errors. To run CHKDSK follow these steps:

• Plug in external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to the computer.
    • Press Windows Key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r. You should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or external device.
    • Restart your PC once the process is done.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, May 11, 2019
  3. external hard disk is not opening in Windows 10 Getting error access denied parameter is incorrect

Original Title: external hard disk not open??

wd elements 1tb hard disk not open in my pc window 10

error is access denied parameter is incorrect

not recognize by window.please help me...

navdeep795, May 11, 2019
  4. jdrewf99 Win User

"Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports

This Parameter is incorrect 0x80070057 win 10 recovery cd-rom

No this did not resolve my issue.

I have a SanDisk SSD 894.25 Gb, 786.96 gb free with Trims enabled. ran as admin chkdsk c: /f /r with no error found no change in the problem

jdrewf99, May 11, 2019
Thema:

"Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports

1. "Parameter is incorrect" message when external hard disk plugged in from specific laptop ports - Similar Threads - Parameter incorrect message

2. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  3. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  4. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer.exe message "The Parameter is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe message "The Parameter is incorrect": Recently installed Windows 11. Using Edge. Now, everytime I log in I am greeted with the message Explorer.exe - The parameter is incorrect. To get rid of it you need to reply ok? I'm looking for a fix since I understand that Explorer is no longer supported....
  6. Explorer.exe message "The Parameter is incorrect"

Explorer.exe message "The Parameter is incorrect": Recently installed Windows 11. Using Edge. Now, everytime I log in I am greeted with the message Explorer.exe - The parameter is incorrect. To get rid of it you need to reply ok? I'm looking for a fix since I understand that Explorer is no longer supported....
  7. The Parameter is incorrect

The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  8. Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  9. Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect to my external harddrive: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  10. Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect: Last night for an unknown reason, my 1 TB Seagate external hard drive wasnt allowing me to use things inside of it or open it. It would tell me the parameters were incorrect. When it was plugged in, I was unable to use the taskbar with the start menu unresponsive and my...