Windows 10: Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services

Discus and support Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, after the most recent major update i checked in event viewer to check for any errors, of course there was the usual long list of '10010' and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PopMagoo, Jul 8, 2019.

1. PopMagoo Win User

Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services

Hi,
    after the most recent major update i checked in event viewer to check for any errors, of course there was the usual long list of '10010' and '10016' errors or warnings, i have ignored these in the past but this time decided to do something about them, reading through advice from here i managed to clear them, i was really pleased that the event viewer was only showing one error after that, and this was id: 7023 ''The MessagingService_49280 service terminated with the following error: The device is not ready.'', so i decided to try and clear that too, after reading some articles i tried changing the start up type for the messaging service to manual, this was set on auto start but not running, and also the ''connected devices platform user service'' to manual, this is also set to auto start and was running, in both cases i cannot change them, i get an error box comes up with '' the Parameter is incorrect'', i think the actual error is nothing to worry too much about, but i am concerned about this Parameter thing and why i cannot change these start up types.

i did go into the registry and change the start up of messaging service to manual, a couple of times, but each time after a re-boot it comes back, followed by a new number, current one 49280, and back on auto start.

that was a few days ago, since then i have been getting lots of the VSS errors which have been spoken about here, it seems this has a problem during shut down, but i've also noticed the 'software shadow copy provider' and 'volume shadow copy' services do not start up either on boot up, they always used to, i have been manually starting these daily, i cannot back up my system, which is why i've joined here because i want to go into this in more detail at a later date, but for now i need 'system restore' to be working, before coming here i have cleared all restore points and created a new one in the hope it might correct the problem.

but first hopefully you can shed some light on this Parameter problem, is this something i need to worry about? thanks

:)

PopMagoo, Jul 8, 2019

2. The parameter is incorrect Bluetooth User Support Service to Auto

Hi jantis,

I have found a possible solution for both of us (I can't test it right now) it's changing the start type in the registry from Manual to Automatic.

Change "Start" from 3 to 2 in the following places:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BluetoothUserService
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BluetoothUserService_33965
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bthserv

I am not sure it will work but i'll try it soon

Edit: I just saw that you cannot turn on/off Bluetooth, i know how to fix that.

Step 1: Open services.msc
    Step 2: Start the following services:

Bluetooth Support Service
    Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
    and any other Bluetooth related services.

Then set all of them to automatic.

BTW: I am having a problem setting Bluetooth User Support Service to Automatic, but the registry thing I showed you up in my post might fix it.

TheAmazingGuy, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, Jul 8, 2019
  4. jantis Win User

The parameter is incorrect Bluetooth User Support Service to Auto

Hi there !

I did all that and figured that changing the value from 3 to 2 will set things to Automatic.....and it did !!

But, bad news for me all is in Automatic on Services.msc ….AND NO LUCK !!!
    I CANT USE THE BLUETOOTH AT ALL and is present under hidden devices, saying that the Device is working properly , driver says it is the latest one but even though it says Automatic now, well the service is not started
    so I Started the service and it does not Stay Automatically on or Started plus when I hit Apply, I still get "The parameter is Incorrect" banner or flag !!

WHAT THE HECK IS Microsoft doing to us ??? Are they killing Bluetooth on purpose for maybe a new comm
    gadget ? Please it looks like you and me are the only ones with this problem. I am totally following you in this forum everyday to fixed this BT trainwreck. Thanks for your future help !

Like I said before Iread someone fixed another type of problem but with same parameter is incorrect going to
    a Folder named %temp% and he said he gave extra permissions maybe Admin ones to it an dthe problem went away ! Where is that Temp folder ….I guess it is a Hidden Folder one....! Can you try this ? Thanks in advanced

jantis, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Parameter is incorrect trying to change start up type in services - Similar Threads - Parameter incorrect trying

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  4. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows services says the parameter is incorrect: On windows services at Log On tab, I want to change the account from This account to Local System account. But windows says "the parameter is incorrect". Could you show me how to change it?...
  5. Windows services says the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. The Parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  7. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  8. bluetooth service error: the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth service error: the parameter is incorrect: [ATTACH] samsung galaxy buds were connected as a headset which meant the audio quality was poor, while searching for a solution, I found one which said to disable 'hands-free telephony' in services. this didn't fix my problem, but now when I try to turn this back on it...
  9. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  10. Windows Update Service, change Start-up type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Service, change Start-up type: I tried to update Windows 10 from version 1803 to 1909. Error: Service registration is missing or corrupt In Windows Update Service, properties, I tried to change Start-up type from manual to automatic, but it is gray and cannot be changed. Servicename: wuauserv. Path:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. services the parameter is incorrect windows 10

2. How to solve bluetooth user service support incorrect parameters?

3. services disabled parameter incorrect

4. connected devices platform user service parameter is incorrect,
  5. Bluetooth parameter is incorrect,
  6. yahoo id and password incorrect error 100,
  7. change service parameter is incorrect,
  8. connected devices platform service parameter is incorrect,
  9. Connected Devices Platform User Service incorrect parameter