Windows 10: "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

Discus and support "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It started when I cant use the snipping tool or Win+shft+Sthen I tried using the search for the snipping tool, but the menu crashes, when I clicked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregg21, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Gregg21 Win User

"Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

It started when I cant use the snipping tool or Win+shft+Sthen I tried using the search for the snipping tool, but the menu crashes, when I clicked the search barI opened the snipping tool through the use of all apps menu but I can't use it. it doesn't workI got intrigued why I can't use the search bar. So I tried opening the settings but It doesn't open, even when I pressed any setting iconSo I search how to open settings in run through run->ms-settings: but an error occurred that says The parameter is incorrectI also used command prompt with the same resultsedit: I also tried restarting,

:)

Gregg21, Feb 3, 2022

2. System Image restore fails: "0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect"

Hello,

The Error code 0x80070057 the parameter is incorrect can be caused by an corrupted restore file. It would be great if you can tell us more about your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    Please tell us all the troubleshooting steps you've done so we can avoid repeats.

Devlin Sco, Feb 3, 2022
  3. "the parameter is incorrect"

Since the last update on my windows 10 this week, I get "the parameter is incorrect" every time I attempt to open any photo either already installed on my computer or from a flash drive. I need assistance immediately as I really need these photos for
    work. Any suggestions before I have to hire a computer tech?

AngelaM_22, Feb 3, 2022
  4. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

"Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

1. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings - Similar Threads - Parameter incorrect opening

2. Parameter is Incorrect

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Parameter is Incorrect: Yesterday microsoft store applications and microsoft store itself werent opening. Instead they showed this error message and now I cant use these applciations. Can someone help me please? I was messing with security permissions last night and now I regret it...
  3. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  4. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps: Hi there!Recently I have been met with the following error when opening some Microsoft Store apps:So far I've triedDISM Scanssfc/scannowResetting and Repairing appsUninstalling and Reinstalling appsA script which attempts to fix permissions here this worked for one app but it...
  5. "The Parameter Is Incorrect" when opening Microsoft Store apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings

"Parameter is incorrect" when opening settings: It started when I cant use the snipping tool or Win+shft+Sthen I tried using the search for the snipping tool, but the menu crashes, when I clicked the search barI opened the snipping tool through the use of all apps menu but I can't use it. it doesn't workI got intrigued why...
  7. The Parameter is incorrect

The Parameter is incorrect: I am getting this notification on startup.How can i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-parameter-is-incorrect/cce72a1f-2c33-418e-94e7-129f818c9b02
  8. Parameter incorrect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parameter incorrect: Hai ... I am pravinI have a 2tb external harddrive Yesterday I copying my files from my pc.between copying file system is shown" copying error". I click try again button. Then system will getting hang.after plug out my harddrive the system is coming to normalAgain I plugin my...
  9. Parameter incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Parameter incorrect: Every few months my laptop has an issue where certain apps will stop working, with a "parameter incorrect" error message. This always seems to happen for the same apps every time regardless of whether they're from the internet, or microsoft store etc, and this issue currently...
  10. PARAMETER INCORRECT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PARAMETER INCORRECT: [ATTACH] HELP ME PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parameter-incorrect/7cf564b3-316f-4a62-9273-30781e9e6c95