Windows 10: Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

Discus and support Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05

When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the parameters are ignored. It only works if I start chrome from double clicking on the shortcut in the ...\User Pinned\TaskBar directory itself.

I've applied the parameters to the chrome shortcut in this location - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

I've done a log off\restart after doing this with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 17, 2018

2. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

Thanks for your reply.

Just in case this was a result of a poor description of the problem by me, I will explain in detail.

I have Excel permanently pinned to the taskbar. When I right click the Excel tile, the context menu shows a list of Pinned items at the top and Recent items below that. I believe these are called jump lists.

When I hover over an item on the Pinned list a push pin (), overlaid with a no entry sign (), is displayed to the right of the item.

I can click on the pin to unpin it from the pinned list.

Under Windows 7, I was able to left click on an item in the pinned list and drag it up or down to a different position in the list. This drag and drop functionality has never worked for me under Windows 10. As I noted in my original post,
    the only way to resequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

Do you know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

davecope22, Jun 17, 2018
  3. Moving pinned items on Windows 10 taskbar

In Windows 7 you could drag a pinned item on a taskbar tile to move it up and down the list of pinned items.

This drag/drop functionality is not available in Windows 10 - I read somewhere that the only way to resquequence pinned items it to unpin all items then repin in the desired sequence.

This is a pain.

Does anyone know if the drag/drop functionality will be re-introduced in the Windows 10 anniversary update?

Thanks

davecope22, Jun 17, 2018
  4. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible

Hello Anoop,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

Did you made any changes to your PC?

Did see any Windows Updates installed recently?

Did you check the issue by restarting your PC?

Usually the issue will be fixed by restarting your PC, post complete shutdown. If it doesn't try to remove the
    pinned app from the taskbar and Pin them back to the taskbar to see if they help.
    To remove a pinned app from the taskbar, open the app's Jump List (I.e. Right-click on it), and then tap or click Unpin this program from taskbar.

To pin apps to the taskbar:

• Press or click Windows Key, right-click the desired app from the Start Menu, and then tap or click
      Pin to taskbar (you can also do this in the Apps view).
    - Or –

• If the app is already open on the desktop, press and hold or right-click the app's taskbar button, and then tap or click
      Pin this program to taskbar.

If the problem still persist, please get back with the error screenshot along with the above information, to guide you accordingly.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 17, 2018
Thema:

Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

1. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar - Similar Threads - Parameters working items

2. multiple items on taskbar is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple items on taskbar is not working: Hi,I don't know what happen but for some reason most of the items on my taskbar is not working this includes; search bar, calendar, and even weather....
  3. Taskbar items not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar items not working properly: I noticed a while ago I couldn't open my calendar by left clicking on my clock as I normally did. Then I realized clicking the volume button wouldn't open the volume control, and now I find right clicking on or hovering above apps in the taskbar i.e. File Explorer does...
  4. Related to taskbar pinned items.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Related to taskbar pinned items.: I accidently pinned my local drive D to the right side of the taskbar but now I am unable to figure out how to remove it from there. Kindly someone help me with a solution....
  5. Items pinned to Taskbar disappear

Items pinned to Taskbar disappear: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 Pinned apps Messenger and Skype do not stay pinned to taskbar Re-pinned several times, but disappear after next re-boot Other pinned apps remain pinned, no issues Other apps pinned BEFORE the update remain pinned, no issues All...
  6. Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible

Pinned items on taskbar suddenly not visible: I have been running Windows 10 for over 2 years, without any major issues. I have the Microsoft Office App's (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook) pinned to my taskbar. But starting today, although all app's seem to be there, the icons for Word and Powerpoint have...
  7. I can't pin items on taskbar

I can't pin items on taskbar: Hi guys. After the newest update all the items that I had pinned on my taskbar aren't there anymore. Also I can't create new desktop icons. I also did the shift+shutdown thing but that didn't work either. Any help is appreciated....
  8. Taskbar pinned items

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar pinned items: I use a couple taskbar pinned websites. Namely Facebook and Amazon. These are pinned from IE11 since Edge doesn't support. Useful and if I right click all sorts of handy shortcut. However, initially the pinned icon (or favicon) was the nice 64x64 type but over time the icons...
  9. Taskbar Items Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not Working?: Hello all, By Task Bar items I mean; Start button, Cortana search, speaker icon, Network icon, Date/time. When I click on the badge(?) nothing happens. The apps like File Explorer, Chrome open with no problem. If i Right click Start button and click Search then nothing...
  10. Taskbar Items Not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Items Not working: Start, Search items won't open from the taskbar. Clicking on Start or search results in the busy icon showing for less that a second and nothing else happens! Tried restarting explorer - no joy. 11982