Windows 10: paranoid? i dont think so

Discus and support paranoid? i dont think so in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so when I jiggled my mouse this morning I see that there is a giant calculator pad open on my desktop. I did not have it open and my cursor was not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnilineStain, Dec 27, 2018.

1. paranoid? i dont think so

so when I jiggled my mouse this morning I see that there is a giant calculator pad open on my desktop. I did not have it open and my cursor was not really my cursor as I tried to navigate through the opened Microsoft page I realized its navigating it self and closing what I wanted to see. As I said before there is nothing like feeling violated to make someone feel that there is a creep on the other end.. Microsoft does not care or they would clean there act up. No wonder I feel like I have malware

:)

AnilineStain, Dec 27, 2018
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • paranoid? i dont think so [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Current Status of F@H Teammates

Dont see Dank1983man420 on the list looks like he stepped it up too.

mx500torid, Dec 27, 2018
  4. paranoid? i dont think so

What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

paranoid? i dont think so

1. paranoid? i dont think so - Similar Threads - paranoid dont

2. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?: Recently I detected a virus in my Twitch folder with malware-bytes, and quarantined/deleted it. I noticed some strange things after such as things moving around and later I had an impservice.lock file in my defender around the same time I lost access to the folders in there...
  3. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?: Recently I detected a virus in my Twitch folder with malware-bytes, and quarantined/deleted it. I noticed some strange things after such as things moving around and later I had an impservice.lock file in my defender around the same time I lost access to the folders in there...
  4. Am I infected or Paranoid? Asrock "AsrDrv102" unverified driver potentially a persistant virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. challenge phrase requested on bootup occasionally I'm getting paranoid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    challenge phrase requested on bootup occasionally I'm getting paranoid: so almost every time I boot up my pc it says the "you have entered the incorrect password several times. enter the following challenge phrase to continue." spiel and its the simple A1B2C3 thing, and if i get it wrong I gotta restart again. the other article I saw about this...
  6. challenge phrase requested on bootup occasionally I'm getting paranoid

challenge phrase requested on bootup occasionally I'm getting paranoid: so almost every time I boot up my pc it says the "you have entered the incorrect password several times. enter the following challenge phrase to continue." spiel and its the simple A1B2C3 thing, and if i get it wrong I gotta restart again. the other article I saw about this...
  7. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  8. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  9. Am I being Paranoid of Virus?

Am I being Paranoid of Virus?: I downloaded an item with an exe file a few hours ago. When I, stupidly, tried to open it, it got defended and deleted the file. I deleted the entire folder, as well as wiped the trash can. I also ran a scan with avg, malwarebytes, and a quick windows defender scan. Should I...
  10. paranoid? i dont think so

paranoid? i dont think so: So when I jiggled my mouse this morning I see that there is a giant calculator pad open on my desktop. I did not have it open and my cursor was not really my cursor as I tried to navigate through the opened Microsoft page I realized its navigating it self and closing what I...