Windows 10: Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

Discus and support Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had to send my laptop for repairs. I wanna make sure whoever touched it didn't do any funny business (spyware, virus...); is resetting windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by F.S77, Feb 6, 2019.

1. F.S77 Win User

Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

So I had to send my laptop for repairs.

I wanna make sure whoever touched it didn't do any funny business (spyware, virus...); is resetting windows enough?

Should I do a "Remove files and clean the drive"?

Should I do a clean install or is a reset enough?

What are my options? Scan the pc for malware and call it a day lol?

Thanks

:)

F.S77, Feb 6, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10)

1. Paranoid of malware after RMA (Win10) - Similar Threads - Paranoid malware RMA

2. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  3. Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do I have malware of I'm just being paranoid?: I was snooping around my apps and default apps to see if there was anyhting I could chop off to save on performance, I looked into the default apps tab for maps then clicked "Maps", since it showed up only the maps app and windows app store to download other maps app I just...
  4. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.: Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to...
  5. Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.

Problem with activated Windows 11 after RMA motherboard.: Dear all,Last week I build a new pc, installed W11 and activated it.However I kept having issues with some piece of hardware, which ended up being the motherboard. So I replaced my motherboard and Windows notifies me that my Windows is no longer activated. Upon trying to...
  6. Samsung NVME causes BSOD after multiple computer resets and RMA

Samsung NVME causes BSOD after multiple computer resets and RMA: Hello,I bought a samsung 970 evo nvme around spring time last summer. In the beginning, I was getting a lot of hard computer crashes and fixed it for the most part when I found the proper driver and updating my bios but it still crashed every other week. I am a commercial...
  7. Samsung NVME causes BSOD after multiple computer resets and RMA

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Samsung NVME causes BSOD after multiple computer resets and RMA: Hello,I bought a samsung 970 evo nvme around spring time last summer. In the beginning, I was getting a lot of hard computer crashes and fixed it for the most part when I found the proper driver and updating my bios but it still crashed every other week. I am a commercial...
  8. Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro activation post-RMA of motherboard & SSD: I bought a Win10Pro key, motherboard, SSD. Installed and activated. Had to RMA the motherboard, wiped the new SSD and am using it for storage on different device. Got motherboard back and installed. Still have Win10Pro product key, but I'm using the original not newly...
  9. Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Has Failed Fast Start-up Persisting after RMA: To those it may concern I have had this ongoing issue for a while now. At times, my PC will hang on the boot screen for a few seconds and when booting in the error log will list a critical power failure error. The Kernel boot error is as follows Windows failed fast startup...
  10. Am I becoming paranoid?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I becoming paranoid?: Some years ago I had a laptop crash but had everything backed up ok. Then I got a PC and after a few years had a disk crash but all was backed up and it wasn't my C: drive so no great problem. This last month I bought a new PC with Windows 10 installed on its SSD, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. activate windows after rma