Windows 10: Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.

Discus and support Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have somehow acquired a parasitic UK keyboard setting that appears on the taskbar language settings. It doesn't appear on language settings, just on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MorgothBauglir_1989, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.

I have somehow acquired a parasitic UK keyboard setting that appears on the taskbar language settings.

It doesn't appear on language settings, just on the taskbar, therefore I can't delete it.

I went to the registry and this is what appears:

Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it. d9bbdbca-da7d-435a-b1e8-ae3967987d91?upload=true.png

This is really frustrating because every time I have to change from Greek to English US I have to press the key combo twice, since there are three languages.

Anyone know of a sure way to fix this permanently?

:)

MorgothBauglir_1989, Jul 7, 2020

2. Can't remove English UK keyboard after windows update

Dear Sumit,

I want to delete the EN UK keyboard, not EN US.

The EN UK keyboard appears in my keyboard list automatically after I have updated the new windows version last week. I want to delete it out of the list but not cannot.

Please help.

SahatayaBoonmakitimasak, Jul 7, 2020
  3. keith_uk Win User
    Install UK Extended keyboard [ENG UKX] and remove UK keyboard [ENG UK]

Hi John,

I think maybe uploaded the wrong screen shot. I had been playing around with the adding and removing the UK keyboard as well as the extended keyboard.

The current situation is that I can remove the UK keyboard and then I only see the two options, UK Extended and Thai, as required.

However, the UK keyboard periodically reappears in the win+space list. When that happens, if go to the language options it is not displayed under the input options list (even though it appears win+space list). To fix it, I have to add the UK keyboard, then
    delete it.

keith_uk, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.

Additional keyboard (input method) automatically added -- can't be removed!

I think this could be the solution. I can't verify right now because it is still possible the keyboard to appear again later, but after following the steps from the video, I signed off, then logged back in and there is no UK keyboard (I don't confirm this
    has brought it in the past).

But in case it did not work and the keyboard appears again later, here are some new observations I have made:

1. The "English UK" keyboard does not appear in the "language preferences" in the settings (as on most videos)
    2. Even using the powershell command to list the languages, there is no UK keyboard (even when I can confirm it's on my
      Shift + Alt loop)
    3. In "Time & Language > Language > Administrative language settings > Copy settings" everything is set to "US," except the "location" or "language" (can't remember which) for "New users" was set to "UK."
    4. Keyboards never (probably; never waited that much to see, but the progress bar didn't move for around 2 minutes) finish "Installing" when being added and despite that, I am able to access their options and delete them.

Zefir Zdravkov, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it.

1. Parasitic UK keyboard somehow appears on taskbar, can't delete it. - Similar Threads - Parasitic keyboard somehow

2. Can't remove UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove UK keyboard layout: Hello! I have noticed over the past month that I have an extra keyboard layout appearing. It is not displayed in the settings, only in the bottom menu. I have tried deleting it through the registry, which helped for a while, but the layout appeared again. How can I get rid of...
  3. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  4. I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard

I can't delete an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard: Hello.I've recently tried to change my date format from American to any else and landed on the UK format. I've downloaded the UK localization pack, and it added an input keyboard a UK qwerty keyboard, but after that I discovered I could just set my format to Russian.I did...
  5. "UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...: Hello everyone! I really hope someone can pass this off to a dev at Microsoft for the W10 department. This happens sometimes twice a day, others it doesn't happen for a week. I never switch my routine on this computer, I use the same programs I always use, yet this bug...
  6. "UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...

"UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...: Hello everyone! I really hope someone can pass this off to a dev at Microsoft for the W10 department. This happens sometimes twice a day, others it doesn't happen for a week. I never switch my routine on this computer, I use the same programs I always use, yet this bug...
  7. "UK US" keyboard appears on the taskbar without any rhyme or reason to it. UK isn't even on...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can't remove UK keyboard package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove UK keyboard package: When setting up my newly bought device, I went with UK by accident. Then I added US and Thai to it and now I have 3 keyboards installed - Thai, UK and US. I want to remove the UK one but I can't because the package does not even show on language settings see snippet 1. I know...
  9. A wild EN UK keyboard appears...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A wild EN UK keyboard appears...: Hello, I have weird problem that after some googling it doesn't seem so unique anymore... First of all I have windows 10 installed, I don't remember with what English I installed the system 4 years ago, but I use the English US language pack and EN US keyboard. I also have...
  10. How to delete UK keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete UK keyboard: https://m.imgur.com/a/PY91bqe I can't remove it in window setting and can't find it in the power shell. It is so irritated having three keyboards. submitted by /u/CattFull [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dr1wrp/how_to_delete_uk_keyboard/