Windows 10: Parent Account Restriction

Discus and support Parent Account Restriction in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by The_Ladies_Man, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Parent Account Restriction

I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and I have no way to remove the parent account from mine. Can someone help me out with this?

:)

The_Ladies_Man, Feb 2, 2019

2. removing microsoft account

There are no restrictions listed at https://accounts.microsoft.comYet when i try and acces chrome for instance it wil send a request to the "parent account" of which none exist and then give an error when there is no parent account to request from. I have
    done as was suggested by another microsoft employee and added myself to their family and removed restrictions and removed myself from the family again but as i said in the question, i still have the restrictions in place and microsoft has not given any real
    help with my issue short of what was previously listed.

LiamWells1, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Parental Controls in Windows 10 - Local Account

I've read several posts on this topic but may have missed one that explains how to

• use an existing local account
    • or make that existing local account the add-on child's account
    • or establish a new account and transfer all favorites to the new account.
    I have a special needs child that will totally freak if he loses all his favorites in making the transition that Windows 10 requires for parental controls ... and I don't want to spend the time to add hundreds of favorites to a new account.

Like many others, I have no reason to

• set up restrictions on other devices
    • establish a Microsoft account for my son
    • establish an email account that won't be used and will then be deleted if it's not used
    I don't mind going back to Windows 7 - where parental controls worked perfectly without the need to jump through hoops - now that I'm using Windows 10, I'd prefer to stick with it BUT only if I can get working parental controls.

Has anyone discovered the solution?

muddledmom, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Parent Account Restriction

Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Parent Account Restriction

1. Parent Account Restriction - Similar Threads - Parent Account Restriction

2. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...
  3. Remove the parental control on my account

Remove the parental control on my account: To start off I'm not fully read up on all the terms and sometimes I may repeat myself but it's because english isn't my first language and explaining is really difficult. Now to my problem, basically I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and I am trying to play it with my...
  4. Setting parental restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting parental restrictions: My son has set himself as an administrator on his new Lenovo laptop. I want to set internet restrictions for him but unable because he is an administrator. Please help me to set parental restrictions. Thank you much Steven...
  5. Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes

Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes: Windows 10 Home. I setup family safety years ago. After a random update a while ago (can't quite remember) a dialog "You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: - Microsoft Sticky Notes" appears every time I fresh boot my PC and log into the parent (also admin)...
  6. Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed

Reset parental control when the parent's account cannot be accessed: Hello, I can't install apps I need from Microsoft Store because of parental control. I asked my parents to allow them, and they agreed to do it. I'm 17 years old BTW. However, my father's account was created ages ago, and he can't remember not only the password, but also...
  7. Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions

Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions: My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent...
  8. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  9. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferrring games from parent account to child account: So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere because looking at Minecraft in the store on my child's profile shows that it must be bought. Looking on our Microsoft...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Removing restriction on parent account