Windows 10: Parent Account Restriction

Discus and support Parent Account Restriction in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by The_Ladies_Man, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Parent Account Restriction

I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and I have no way to remove the parent account from mine. Can someone help me out with this?

:)

The_Ladies_Man, Feb 2, 2019

2. removing microsoft account

There are no restrictions listed at https://accounts.microsoft.comYet when i try and acces chrome for instance it wil send a request to the "parent account" of which none exist and then give an error when there is no parent account to request from. I have
    done as was suggested by another microsoft employee and added myself to their family and removed restrictions and removed myself from the family again but as i said in the question, i still have the restrictions in place and microsoft has not given any real
    help with my issue short of what was previously listed.

LiamWells1, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Parental Controls in Windows 10 - Local Account

I've read several posts on this topic but may have missed one that explains how to

• use an existing local account
    • or make that existing local account the add-on child's account
    • or establish a new account and transfer all favorites to the new account.
    I have a special needs child that will totally freak if he loses all his favorites in making the transition that Windows 10 requires for parental controls ... and I don't want to spend the time to add hundreds of favorites to a new account.

Like many others, I have no reason to

• set up restrictions on other devices
    • establish a Microsoft account for my son
    • establish an email account that won't be used and will then be deleted if it's not used
    I don't mind going back to Windows 7 - where parental controls worked perfectly without the need to jump through hoops - now that I'm using Windows 10, I'd prefer to stick with it BUT only if I can get working parental controls.

Has anyone discovered the solution?

muddledmom, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Parent Account Restriction

Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Parent Account Restriction

1. Parent Account Restriction - Similar Threads - Parent Account Restriction

2. Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus: have parental restrictions on my pc and this time when i requested for time, it said something went wrong and ask if i was connected to internet, i was. I think this had something to do with what i had previously download which was a mod for a game, the mod was called “ man...
  3. Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus: have parental restrictions on my pc and this time when i requested for time, it said something went wrong and ask if i was connected to internet, i was. I think this had something to do with what i had previously download which was a mod for a game, the mod was called “ man...
  4. parent/admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    parent/admin accounts: hey i need a Microsoft employee to walk me through on how to un child my account because when I had my hard drive wiped it made me a child account for absolutely zero reason and now i cant use my browser of choice. I attempted to fix the issue by having a second account but...
  5. Parental Controls restricting on other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls restricting on other users: So my parents let me use an account without parental controls after I proved to them that I can use my computer responsibly so they let me create an account without parental controls. The problem was, every time I try to do something that makes changes to my computer, it...
  6. Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?

Remove parental controls and restrictions from MS child account?: Microsoft Family is a huge pain and almost totally useless, so I want to remove parental restrictions from my son's account. Do I just need to go into the Family settings in my account, and remove his account from my family? He is 12 years old; will Microsoft still apply...
  7. how do i remove my parental restrictions

how do i remove my parental restrictions: How do i remove my parental restrictions. My dad set up my account back when i was in middle school, and I am now in my twenties and still have sites blocked its asking me to have ask for permision to view the site...
  8. Kids account to parent account

Kids account to parent account: How do I change a kid's account into a parent's account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kids-account-to-parent-account/de989d7d-48db-476b-9296-be76f0fe3bb3
  9. Setting parental restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting parental restrictions: My son has set himself as an administrator on his new Lenovo laptop. I want to set internet restrictions for him but unable because he is an administrator. Please help me to set parental restrictions. Thank you much Steven...
  10. Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions

Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions: My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Removing restriction on parent account