Windows 10: Parent/guardian consent

Discus and support Parent/guardian consent in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SuzanneandBrian, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Parent/guardian consent

my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's not you it's us" I've tried adding him to the family microsoft account but he is unable to accept the invitation as he is under 13. all roads lead to a dead end. please help

:)

SuzanneandBrian, Dec 27, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parent/guardian consent [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 27, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parent/guardian consent [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 27, 2021
  4. muttoneer Win User

Parent/guardian consent

Parental Consent error message

Hello everyone.

I wonder if someone can help. I have set up my daughter with a Microsoft account so she can have her own gamertag when playing Minecraft. I am told I have to provide parental consent, which I am happy to do. I received an email telling me:

"Since your child is under 13, they need your help and consent to set up their Microsoft account. You’ll need to sign in on the next screen to get started."

Fine. I click the link, sign into my Microsoft Account and click through the first screen to get to the screen that begins:

"Step 1 of 2

Review the legal stuff..."

I check the right boxes on this screen and hit Next, and EVERY TIME I do this I get the same error message:

"Something's not working

It's not you, it's us.

TraceId: ................................"

This message doesn't even suggest what might be wrong, and I have had this issue constantly for the last 5 weeks. I just want my daughter to be able to enjoy her gaming under her own gamertag, but this is driving me nuts.

Please can anyone suggest how I might resolve this. I've already checked that we're both showing the same location in our accounts (UK).

Many thanks,

Mike.

muttoneer, Dec 27, 2021
Thema:

Parent/guardian consent

1. Parent/guardian consent - Similar Threads - Parent guardian consent

2. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Parent or guardian consent is required for this account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Parent or guardian consent is required for this account: I keep getting this message - Parent or guardian consent is required for this account. I've tried logging into my account and it just keeps looping with the same message. I've paid my online subscription in September2022....
  5. Parent or guardian consent is required for this account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent or guardian consent is required for this account: I keep getting this message - Parent or guardian consent is required for this account. I've tried logging into my account and it just keeps looping with the same message. I've paid my online subscription in September2022....
  6. Parent or guardian consent is required for this account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Parental consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental consent: We opened a new account for my daughter. When I try to give parental consent to finish setting up her account, I try to log in and it says "Somethings wrong, its not you its us"...
  8. Parent/guardian consent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent/guardian consent: my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's not you it's us" I've tried adding him to the family microsoft account but he is unable to accept the invitation as he is under...
  9. Parent/guardian consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent/guardian consent: my son is 12, he has a new laptop. on signing in he is asked for parent/guardian consent. I repeatedly get the message "something's not working it's not you it's us" I've tried adding him to the family microsoft account but he is unable to accept the invitation as he is under...
  10. Parental consent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Parental consent?: Why would I be asked for parental permission to download apps onto my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-consent/97b5bce2-1eb2-49d8-9177-e39996260e8f