Windows 10: Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!

Discus and support Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should! in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I know that I posted a completely different question about the parent controls acting up on me, but this time, If I don't get permission for 8... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZanderKopec, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!

So, I know that I posted a completely different question about the parent controls acting up on me, but this time, If I don't get permission for 8 hours, than it won't give me any more time. and sometimes, it gives me less time than it should. what is happening?????

Moved from: Outlook.com/ People and contacts / Adding and managing contacts and groups

:)

ZanderKopec, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Mr. Vader Win User

Screen Time - No more option for child to request more time from parents

I wish it didn't have the option to request more time. In out house what I say is final, I think giving a child the notion they can just keep pinging emails to parents to flex already agreed limits is a bad message.

It shoud be a chore for the parent to add more time to prevent the agreement being so easily broken.

Mr. Vader, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Screen Time - No more option for child to request more time from parents

Hey everyone,

• The button to send a request for more screen time is available in the Windows 10 November update. I see that there was some confusion as some people had the button and others did not. Learn
      more about the November update
    • If the requests are not going through, the most common cause is that your child needs to verify their account on the device. Have them sign in to their device, and then go to Settings > Accounts, and follow the prompts to verify their account.
    • Insiders running build 14328 or later will see a new button, "My parent is here", that will let the parent extend screen time with an admin password. This feature will eventually be made available to everyone as part of the upcoming Windows 10 anniversary
      update.
    Hope this helps,

Daniel

Daniel Strommen [MSFT], Jan 11, 2021
  4. Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!

Parental Control - Adding more time doesn't work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:

a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should!

1. Parent requests not giving the amount of time they should! - Similar Threads - Parent requests giving

2. Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus: have parental restrictions on my pc and this time when i requested for time, it said something went wrong and ask if i was connected to internet, i was. I think this had something to do with what i had previously download which was a mod for a game, the mod was called “ man...
  3. Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parental restriction time request problem, possible virus: have parental restrictions on my pc and this time when i requested for time, it said something went wrong and ask if i was connected to internet, i was. I think this had something to do with what i had previously download which was a mod for a game, the mod was called “ man...
  4. request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd

request timed out and request is replied at the same time on cmd: i really dont know this happened, when i tried to ping google.com and it was good but when i ping vuejs.org got request timed out, but connection internet is working fine, only can't connected on cmd other than googleyou can see this...
  5. Parental time controls not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  6. Parental time controls not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  7. Parental time controls not working

8. Should be able to add time without a request

Should be able to add time without a request: When my kids' time is winding down, I want to add time while between meetings but I have to wait until they send me a request, which may be in the middle of a meeting. I'm not sure why on the website family.microsoft.com they have to send a request to add time. Shouldn't we...
  9. Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents

Microsoft Family Time Extension Requests not sending to both parents: Both of the children have Microsoft Family settings on their computers. Both of the children keep running out of time and ask for time extensions. Thanks COVID-19 virtual learning! The request is sent by email and screen notification to my husband. I USED to get these...
  10. extended time with parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    extended time with parental controls: hello everyone I recently had to buy my sons laptops for school. Now to preface this they are 7 turning 8 and 9 turning 10 this year. And of course, they are addicted to video games. Now to help limit this I set up parental controls on their laptops. But my oldest son...