Windows 10: Parental Approval Required?????

Discus and support Parental Approval Required????? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All help needed. I have set up child accounts for the kids as we are going on holiday and wont have internet access. I put £25 on the eldests... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by mrstupops, Jul 31, 2019.

1. mrstupops Win User

Parental Approval Required?????

Hi All

help needed.

I have set up child accounts for the kids as we are going on holiday and wont have internet access.

I put £25 on the eldests account so that she can download some films and tv shows to download onto her tablet.

Every time she wants to buy something it says You need Parental Approval for this.

I removed the restrictions (temporarily) and it STILL asks for parental approval.

If I click the 'allow' option on my laptop when I get the message it takes me directly to MY account where I have to purchase the content.

AM I doing something wrong or cant kids purchase kids rated video content from the store?

Thanks

:)

mrstupops, Jul 31, 2019
  2. barjo4 Win User

Parental approval for apps

Recently, I have been denied app downloads because I have to get parental approval. My wife and I are in our mid 60s and we never had children so how to I negate the family setting? On the Microsoft account page they list my birthdate as September 9th,

barjo4, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Parent Microsoft Account requires USA address

My daughter has a new Microsoft based PC for Christmas. In trying to set it up her CHILD Microsoft Account requires parental approval, and then proceeds to need a PARENT Microsoft account approval, but it insists on supplying a USA billing address.

What settings do I need to change to be able to verify I am an adult without a USA address?

MummyPearce, Jul 31, 2019
  4. A.R.K Win User

There is no parental control for approving incoming emails for kids account?

Original Title: kids microsoft email accounts

Kids Accounts (WINDOWS 10) - There are no parental control for approving incoming emails for kids account. There are no pre-authorized setup option for kids email contacts. I thought perhaps only authorized individuals on the child's email list for sending
    & receiving emailing messages both incoming and going would be under parental controls as a safety option. But, I ran a test and it seems anyone with access to the kid's email address can send that child an email. This is not safe at all. Emails can contain
    inappropriate attachments from other kids as well. I thought perhaps parents had control and can setup an approved email contacts list and contents are preapprove by parents before it is visible to the child and vice versa for outgoing email as well. Devices
    are controlled, and monitored in reports, however, who is controlling the authorization of contacts & contents to communicate on that device with that child??? as parents have no control options? I like the device monitoring with control offered. Perhaps,
    I may have overlook something in the email safety for kids or is this really a standard email for all? We need control options over contacts for under a child's security and protection as well. Also, the Local account (without email option) does not ask
    for an age. - I would suppose the entry might be regarded as an adult?

A.R.K, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Parental Approval Required????? - Similar Threads - Parental Approval Required

2. Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator approval required for installation Microsoft Store: I'm trying to install Enhanced graphics Pack and this message appeared afted download completes : "Administrator approval required for installation"I don't know how to proceed although I'm the admin on my PC. I'm operating on Windows 11 at the latest update....
  3. Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!: I want to buy and install Minecraft on Windows 11. Im in a familyWhen I click buy I get an error see below: My parent sees NO alert to buy the app. No email. No alert in account.microsoft.com/profile or in family appHe previously approved it weeks ago but didn't pay for it....
  4. Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install Minecraft - parent approval bug!: I want to buy and install Minecraft on Windows 11. Im in a familyWhen I click buy I get an error see below: My parent sees NO alert to buy the app. No email. No alert in account.microsoft.com/profile or in family appHe previously approved it weeks ago but didn't pay for it....
  5. Parent approval for Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent approval for Chrome: Hi Microsoft Support,You need to immediately eliminate the "parent approval" for Google Chrome. This feature is clearly designed to prevent people from using Chrome. I do not see any reason why Microsoft Edge is always approved for children, but Chrome is not. The maximum...
  6. Parent approval for Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parent approval for Chrome: Hi Microsoft Support,You need to immediately eliminate the "parent approval" for Google Chrome. This feature is clearly designed to prevent people from using Chrome. I do not see any reason why Microsoft Edge is always approved for children, but Chrome is not. The maximum...
  7. Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety: Hello, My teenage son is an admin on his laptop, but he is not a parent or organiser in MS Family Safety. My littlest boy 10yr has discovered that his older brother can approve additional time on his older brother's laptop because he is an admin on the machine. He eventually...
  8. MineCraft for PC approved by parental control, won't download.

MineCraft for PC approved by parental control, won't download.: My child is trying to purchase MineCraft on her Windows PC. She clicked "Buy" in the ms store and it prompted to ask for parental approval. This was done, and the parent approved the purchase. However, when we try to install the software, we now get a window that says...
  9. Administrator approval required for installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Administrator approval required for installation: When I go to the Microsoft store and try to install a game (for example "Age of Empires Definitive Edition") I see a grayed out "Install" button. [ATTACH] I am logged in using an administrator account. What do I do now?...
  10. Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes

Parent account requires permission from parent for sticky notes: Windows 10 Home. I setup family safety years ago. After a random update a while ago (can't quite remember) a dialog "You’ll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: - Microsoft Sticky Notes" appears every time I fresh boot my PC and log into the parent (also admin)...