Windows 10: Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

Discus and support Parental consent on an account that's not in a family. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently left a family to switch my account to a adult account. However, when I open certain applications, I still require parental consent. Can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZachRowell1, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

I recently left a family to switch my account to a adult account. However, when I open certain applications, I still require parental consent. Can someone help me fix this problem?

:)

ZachRowell1, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family. [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Hi Jason,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

If you’re an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it’s because you’re a child in your Microsoft family. Even if you’re over the age of 18, you can still be a child in Microsoft family. For more information and help, see
    Age verification for parental consent.

Tick ‘Yes’ if you find the answer helpful.

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family. [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Parental consent on an account that's not in a family.

1. Parental consent on an account that's not in a family. - Similar Threads - Parental consent account

2. Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Account - are parent accounts completely separate: Hi, I haven't been able to find anything that confirms 100% that if you have two parent accounts within the same family group that those two accounts remain completely separate. I realise they will both have control over any child accounts in the same group, but can anyone...
  3. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  4. Transfer money from kids account to parent account within family Microsoft account

Transfer money from kids account to parent account within family Microsoft account: My son accidentally loaded his xbox gift card onto the wrong account. Is there a way to transfer the money within our family account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-money-from-kids-account-to-parent-account/12165591-7d46-4a3c-b0f7-84cadfa5be3b"
  5. Parent Account Restriction

Parent Account Restriction: I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and I have no way to remove the parent account from mine. Can someone help me out with this?...
  6. Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family

Adult account being asked for parental consent - Microsoft Family: I have someone on my family account that is an adult, when he tries and access certain items he gets notifications he cannot due to parental controls. I never see any emails saying he is asking or notifications, etc. But none the less he is an adult and can access any of...
  7. Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family

Non-Parent Adult in Microsoft Family: I have added my father to our family, because he's part of the family, but now he gets every email request for more screen time (Xbox and PC), purchase requests, screen time reports, etc. Neither I nor he want this. He can also me from my family, which is strange. How can I...
  8. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  9. Family Safety and seperated parents

Family Safety and seperated parents: Can someone detail what are the important issues two separated parents might have with using Family Safety to manage their children? My son 11, is getting a laptop for high school. He currently has a desktop at my place configured for Family Safety. His account is a child...
  10. New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications: Microsoft continues on its steady path toward compliance with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Today we are announcing new parental consent requirements for accounts held by children in the EU. We are instituting these requirements across our...