Windows 10: Parental consent?

Discus and support Parental consent? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why would I be asked for parental permission to download apps onto my new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveHester1, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Parental consent?

Why would I be asked for parental permission to download apps onto my new computer?

:)

SteveHester1, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parental consent? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 22, 2019
  3. muttoneer Win User
    Parental Consent error message

Hello everyone.

I wonder if someone can help. I have set up my daughter with a Microsoft account so she can have her own gamertag when playing Minecraft. I am told I have to provide parental consent, which I am happy to do. I received an email telling me:

"Since your child is under 13, they need your help and consent to set up their Microsoft account. You’ll need to sign in on the next screen to get started."

Fine. I click the link, sign into my Microsoft Account and click through the first screen to get to the screen that begins:

"Step 1 of 2

Review the legal stuff..."

I check the right boxes on this screen and hit Next, and EVERY TIME I do this I get the same error message:

"Something's not working

It's not you, it's us.

TraceId: ................................"

This message doesn't even suggest what might be wrong, and I have had this issue constantly for the last 5 weeks. I just want my daughter to be able to enjoy her gaming under her own gamertag, but this is driving me nuts.

Please can anyone suggest how I might resolve this. I've already checked that we're both showing the same location in our accounts (UK).

Many thanks,

Mike.

muttoneer, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Parental consent?

New Microsoft children accounts EU GDPR parental consent verifications

Source: Microsoft begins new EU GDPR parental consent verifications for children's accounts - Microsoft on the Issues

Parental consent? [​IMG]
    Tip How to Add or Remove a Child Account for Your Microsoft Family in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Parental consent?

1. Parental consent? - Similar Threads - Parental consent

2. New Laptop windows 10 login issue parents consent

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop windows 10 login issue parents consent: On my son brand-new computer with W10, which I set up for the first time, I can't sign in. After I enter his password, it says that parent consent is required. When I click "I'm a parent", it says to use my existing MS account. When I enter the required information it returns...
  3. New Laptop windows 10 login issue parents consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop windows 10 login issue parents consent: On my son brand-new computer with W10, which I set up for the first time, I can't sign in. After I enter his password, it says that parent consent is required. When I click "I'm a parent", it says to use my existing MS account. When I enter the required information it returns...
  4. New Laptop windows 10 login issue parents consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login to my child email as I am stuck on the parental consent loop. Also can't add...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to my child email as I am stuck on the parental consent loop. Also can't add...: Hi Team,I can't access my child email account. When we login asked for parent consent, and after i login into my email account i get the message: something is not working. It's not you, it's us. The child is not in my Family portal and when i try to add it i got this message:...
  6. Can't login to my child email as I am stuck on the parental consent loop. Also can't add...

Can't login to my child email as I am stuck on the parental consent loop. Also can't add...: Hi Team,I can't access my child email account. When we login asked for parent consent, and after i login into my email account i get the message: something is not working. It's not you, it's us. The child is not in my Family portal and when i try to add it i got this message:...
  7. Can't login to my child email as I am stuck on the parental consent loop. Also can't add...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  8. why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...: even though i have been removed and am no longer in a microsoft family i still receive a notification stating that i need permission for access to the applications. p.s im the admin. pls can you help me fix this issue asap....
  9. why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...

why is microsoft asking for parental consent to open applications even though i am no...: even though i have been removed and am no longer in a microsoft family i still receive a notification stating that i need permission for access to the applications. p.s im the admin. pls can you help me fix this issue asap....
  10. Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.

Microsoft Parent or guardian consent is required for this account.: I tried to sign in to the web page to download the installer, but I couldn't sign in. The problem is as shown in the picture.* Moved from Community Center...