Windows 10: Parental control not working in Win 10

Discus and support Parental control not working in Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have the latest Win10, all patches applied. I have created an new microsoft account for my 8 years old son. I applied all the restrictions... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ronnnyy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Ronnnyy Win User

Parental control not working in Win 10

Hi,

I have the latest Win10, all patches applied.

I have created an new microsoft account for my 8 years old son. I applied all the restrictions for content: block inappropriate content and then added 5 websites that should be always allowed and ticked the checkbox: "Only allow these websites".

Then I logged in as my son and he has full access to any website. Of course I'm checking in Edge.

I suspect an issue with the microsoft account of my son. After I visited cnn.com, or a few other websites, I was expecting to see these sites in my microsoft account while checking the Activity of my son's account. But there the list of websites is empty.

However when I logged in on my son's account, there was a notification saying that I still need to do something taking me to "Shared experiences" control panel like Windows screen where it was asking me (the parent) to allow the microsoft account of my son to "go online" , the question was something like "Let your child use their microsoft account online". and there were a few examples given: Skype, xBox... I can't remember the exact question as I'm posting this from my windows/microsoft account (thus as an adult) and the question I get it on my son's account.

My son does not use any apps, I want him to use just Edge for the moment. Thus I did not authorize his account to "go online". Have I mis-interpreted this question? If yes, why do I need to allow his account to go online? he can have full access right now to any website, and yet I'm being asked if his account can go online...

What is wrong? I have a feeling there is no restriction at all on my son's account. However if I go on my son's account to accounts.microsoft.com, it tells me that I'm a child and I need a parent to log-in or ask the permission. Therefore I assume that the account is well created as a child.

It's very strange why it does not work.

:)

Ronnnyy, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Parental controls not working on Windows 10.

In spite of having followed the procedure step by step, the parental controls are not working on my PC running on Windows 10.

Ricky Pundarekh, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Parental control not working in Win 10

Windows 10 Parental Controls not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Parental control not working in Win 10

1. Parental control not working in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Parental control working

2. Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls: Hello, how to go into the parental controls in windows 7? I can't access because I must type an administrator password but still I can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/4601a8fa-985e-4ad7-9eee-3f1407117dd1
  3. Parental time controls not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  4. Parental time controls not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental time controls not working: We are using the parental controls built into windows 10 and the Xbox family app to control time on our son's PC, up until last week it has work flawlessly. but then it started to add extra time.It happens randomly some times it will work other times it will double the amount...
  5. Parental time controls not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally

Parent: How to turn off Wins 10 Parental Control totally: Hi, I set up parental control on my PC when my kids was younger. Which means they each have their own sign in ID on my PC. Eg: If the son want to use, he will log in his ID. I am of course the main Admin User. I think this is tagged to the Microsoft Family . As they have...
  7. Microsoft parental controls not working

Microsoft parental controls not working: Hello,My computer Had parental controlsand was granted time for the whole dayand the Computer still didnt log me inIt kept saying You can use your pc on 16/7/2021 8:00am Which is todayand i logged in after that time and it still didnt work other devices it worked but one...
  8. parental controls

parental controls: how do I switch parental control off? I am the only user. age 68. All my browsers are in safe mode and cannot be switched off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/74d82436-e604-42f8-b8eb-b45d91c77bcd
  9. Parental control

Parental control: ***moved on english forum*** Hello, Since a few months, i cannot access to the online content from forza horizon 4, because microsoft randomly set a family account on mine with a parental control... In 3 months, nobody answered me, and nothing in the support talks about...
  10. Parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft parental controls not working

2. parental controls in windows not working

3. windows parental controls not accepting permission

4. windows parental controls not working,
  5. parental controls not working win10,
  6. microsoft 10 parental controls not working,
  7. parental controls on microsoft not working,
  8. windows parental controls windows 10 not working,
  9. remove parental control windows 10,
  10. parental control not working windows 10,
  11. windows parental controls are not working,