Windows 10: Parental control on windows PC

Discus and support Parental control on windows PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi! I have set up a windows 10 PC for my child. I made one admin local user and one standard user with childs Microsoft account (parental control... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Denisssssssssssssssss, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Parental control on windows PC

Hi!

I have set up a windows 10 PC for my child.

I made one admin local user and one standard user with childs Microsoft account (parental control enabled).

Childs user does not have admin privileges.

Everything works how I wanted, but there is one problem. There are games, for example Fortnite which update frequently.

These updates sometimes want admin user password to install. For example today Fortnite wanted to update Battleye and it was asking for my password.

Can I set my PC up that I would grant some apps admin privileges? So that every time when Fortnite wants to install updates it can without me inserting admin password.

I dont want to grant my childs user full admin privileges, but only to some apps so that he can play and update his games even if I am not around.

Is there a way to achieve that?

:)

Denisssssssssssssssss, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Parental Controls not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Parental control on windows PC

Parental controls not working on Windows 10.

In spite of having followed the procedure step by step, the parental controls are not working on my PC running on Windows 10.

Ricky Pundarekh, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Parental control on windows PC

1. Parental control on windows PC - Similar Threads - Parental control

2. Disable Microsoft parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft parental controls: Hi, I am in a Microsoft family with friends.I did not ask have Microsoft Parental Controls set up however and neither did my friends.Microsoft was actively making advertisement with the fact that you did not have to be an actual family in order to use this feature. Now I...
  3. Disable Microsoft parental controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Microsoft parental controls: Hi, I am in a Microsoft family with friends.I did not ask have Microsoft Parental Controls set up however and neither did my friends.Microsoft was actively making advertisement with the fact that you did not have to be an actual family in order to use this feature. Now I...
  4. Why do I have parental control ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have parental control ?: I reinstalled windows 10 home and selected delete everything. Now when I try to use it it says "Time's up. This device is locked because of you family settings for screen time. But before reinstalling I did not have parental control...
  5. Why do I have parental control ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have parental control ?: I reinstalled windows 10 home and selected delete everything. Now when I try to use it it says "Time's up. This device is locked because of you family settings for screen time. But before reinstalling I did not have parental control...
  6. Why do I have parental control ?

7. Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls

Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls: I bought a used HP touchscreen laptop from Amazon,it came with 1 yr free of Microsoft. I set up my computer like we all do and had no problems at all but as soon as I claimed my free year of Microsoft,I go and log nto my account and I see hat I was put onto a family account...
  8. Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Used computer with mixed up accounts with parental controls: I bought a used HP touchscreen laptop from Amazon,it came with 1 yr free of Microsoft. I set up my computer like we all do and had no problems at all but as soon as I claimed my free year of Microsoft,I go and log nto my account and I see hat I was put onto a family account...
  9. How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?: I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count....
  10. How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?

How can I connect my Win 11 device to my dad's computer for parental controls?: I helped my dad in setting up my Microsoft account on the family safety software, the only problem is I can't connect my computer to his computer, it says I need to do that for activity and location display. We've tried so many things to the point where I've lost count....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge does not display polish characters properly parental control