Windows 10: Parental control settings

Discus and support Parental control settings in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Some feature in forza horizon 4 are blocked because of parental control settings, even though my account is unrestricted, I know where to change these... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sab3rt00th1987, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Parental control settings

Some feature in forza horizon 4 are blocked because of parental control settings, even though my account is unrestricted, I know where to change these settings but all the settings are already set to allowed and yet I still have no access.

:)

sab3rt00th1987, Oct 30, 2018

2. Parental Control Settings

Hi Taylor,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to refer to the steps mentioned by ‘Loraine Mon’ in the thread

how do I turn off parental controls

You can also go through
    Set up parental controls for Windows 10 and Xbox One
    for more details.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Parental control settings

Parental Settings

Hi
    Anngelique,

To better assist you with your concern, please follow troubleshooting steps on how to remove parental controls below:

• Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Parental Controls.
    • Click on your account photo.
    • Choose Parental control off.
    The steps provided works only if the user account has full access to the PC.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Parental control settings

1. Parental control settings - Similar Threads - Parental control settings

2. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: Child Chromebook asking for parental code to sign in every time, even when not needed. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/f4f91574-a8bd-4877-9910-6f293d83ab6f
  3. Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls: Hello, how to go into the parental controls in windows 7? I can't access because I must type an administrator password but still I can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/4601a8fa-985e-4ad7-9eee-3f1407117dd1
  4. Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls: Please help!!! My child is now 13 and can choose to exit the family group. It has totally taken away my ability to control his content as a parent. The parental controls were so wonderful as I didn't have to worry about him sneaking onto his computer in the middle of the...
  5. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: when i try to access the community tuning or car designs on forza 4 and 3 it tells me its restricted by parental controls but i have gone through the steps to remove parental controls but i cant even find anything telling me i have them...
  6. parental controls

parental controls: how do I switch parental control off? I am the only user. age 68. All my browsers are in safe mode and cannot be switched off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/74d82436-e604-42f8-b8eb-b45d91c77bcd
  7. parent controls

parent controls: I set up the windows 10 computers for my grandchildren with myself as the parent and now want to change that to my daughter. Hw can I do this. Any help appreciated. Frank Wagner...
  8. Parental control

Parental control: ***moved on english forum*** Hello, Since a few months, i cannot access to the online content from forza horizon 4, because microsoft randomly set a family account on mine with a parental control... In 3 months, nobody answered me, and nothing in the support talks about...
  9. Parental Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Control Settings: Hey Guys I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 on PC and I want to access clubs but do the the "parental controls" or whatever they are, I can't join them or access the online in-game auctions. I've gone onto my Xbox app and tried to change them, but every time i get redirected...
  10. Parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....