Windows 10: Parental Control Software -- recommendations?

Discus and support Parental Control Software -- recommendations? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am looking for a good, standalone app or service that can do effective content filtering. I will tell you what I have tried, and their limitations.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shmu26, Mar 15, 2017.

1. shmu26 Win User

Parental Control Software -- recommendations?

I am looking for a good, standalone app or service that can do effective content filtering.
    I will tell you what I have tried, and their limitations.
    K-9 is good, I like it, but it can't scan inside of secure connections.
    OpenDNS FamilyShield only blocks certain sites and domains, it doesn't scan inside the site.
    Microsoft Family cannot monitor activity on Google Chrome.
    Norton Family is good, I like it, but it can't monitor activity on Edge, and it conflicts with some security softwares.
    I am presently using all 4, but I would like to replace Norton, because of software conflicts, and it is the only one I know that can scan HTTPS connections in Google Chrome.
    Any ideas?

:)

shmu26, Mar 15, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How can I view what websites my son has been on?

Been where you are. Third-party parental control software can tell you exactly where your son has been. Search on the web for: parental control software. There's lots of it, most with free trials. Three cheers for parents who try to keep their kids safe
    on the web.

BulldogXX, Mar 15, 2017
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Install some games that only dad can run?

"But basically it's not possible to install software for only one user out of the box?"

That is correct.

My son is older now, so I haven't looked at parental control software in a long time. But I recall that it's typically possible to control children's access to specific parts of the computer.

Most parental control software is designed to protect younger children from harmful content. There is another type of parental control software designed to monitor the activities of kids who are in trouble with drugs or gangs. I pray that neither you nor
    I will need that.

BulldogXX, Mar 15, 2017
  4. Parental Control Software -- recommendations?

You might try Adguard Family DNS, it seems to block a little more.

DNS blocks loading banners and downloads even from within the webpage, SSL included of course.

TairikuOkami, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

Parental Control Software -- recommendations?

1. Parental Control Software -- recommendations? - Similar Threads - Parental Control Software

2. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: Child Chromebook asking for parental code to sign in every time, even when not needed. How can I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/f4f91574-a8bd-4877-9910-6f293d83ab6f
  3. Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental Controls: Hello, how to go into the parental controls in windows 7? I can't access because I must type an administrator password but still I can't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/4601a8fa-985e-4ad7-9eee-3f1407117dd1
  4. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: Hi I want my parents to use parental controls, please give advice on how they can start it. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/1dc24709-ab20-41bd-8758-f429836521e1
  5. Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls: Please help!!! My child is now 13 and can choose to exit the family group. It has totally taken away my ability to control his content as a parent. The parental controls were so wonderful as I didn't have to worry about him sneaking onto his computer in the middle of the...
  6. Parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parental controls: when i try to access the community tuning or car designs on forza 4 and 3 it tells me its restricted by parental controls but i have gone through the steps to remove parental controls but i cant even find anything telling me i have them...
  7. parental controls

parental controls: how do I switch parental control off? I am the only user. age 68. All my browsers are in safe mode and cannot be switched off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parental-controls/74d82436-e604-42f8-b8eb-b45d91c77bcd
  8. parent controls

parent controls: I set up the windows 10 computers for my grandchildren with myself as the parent and now want to change that to my daughter. Hw can I do this. Any help appreciated. Frank Wagner...
  9. Parental control

Parental control: ***moved on english forum*** Hello, Since a few months, i cannot access to the online content from forza horizon 4, because microsoft randomly set a family account on mine with a parental control... In 3 months, nobody answered me, and nothing in the support talks about...
  10. Parental controls

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Parental controls: When I play forza horizon 4 on pc I cant acces some features because parental control is blocking it. So how do I remove it? I have been searching solution for 3 hours and nothing helped....