Windows 10: Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU

Discus and support Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A comparison of the various editions of Windows 10 in Wikipedia says that neither Windows 10 Education nor Enterprise have the “Family Safety” feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EvenNotOdd, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU

A comparison of the various editions of Windows 10 in Wikipedia says that neither Windows 10 Education nor Enterprise have the “Family Safety” feature set. I am running Education and at a first glance they don’t seem to be missing but I just wanted to check and see if I am missing anything just in case I want to use them down the road?

submitted by /u/EvenNotOdd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EvenNotOdd, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

Windows 10 Family Safety is blocking my browser!!!

Can you confirm if you are out of the Family Safety feature on your parent's account on this
    link? If you've confirmed that you're no longer on the list of monitored child accounts, we suggest deleting the Family Safety folder. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + E on your keyboard.
    • On the address bar, type this address C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press
      Enter.
    • Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Restart and see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know how it went for you.

Ian Ser, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Xbox one parental control problems

Hi AderallAdmiral,

Xbox One safety features enable you to control what kinds of content each of your family members can access on Xbox One by providing parental controls to child Xbox account.
    To give you an idea, child Xbox accounts needs to have a parent Xbox account associated to give parental controls. If your account is requesting a parental control, there's a possibility that your account is a child Xbox account which is added
    to the Xbox Family on the old Xbox One. Regarding your concern, let's try to confirm if your account is a child account or an adult account. Kindly sign into
    https://account.microsoft.com, then go to
    Family tab. You should be able to see the parent account associated.

If the parent account associated is available, I suggest that you sign in the parent Xbox account on the console to allow your child Xbox account to make a purchase or play multiplayer. You may refer to this
    link as your guide on how you can manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child Xbox account.

If your account is already an adult Xbox account and no parent account associated, I suggest that you change your privacy and online safety by signing on to your Xbox account on the Xbox One and perform the following steps:

• From Home, go to Settings > All Settings.
    • Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    • Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    • Restart your console once you're done.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU

1. Parental Controls and Family Safety in Education SKU - Similar Threads - Parental Controls Family

2. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety after Parents has separated: Hello!Ok, so...2 Parents and 2 kids. During relationship both kids each had a stationary computer. Both Parents are Administators while the dad is the creator. if it mattersThe Parents separate and have their own place now. The 2 kids spend every other week at each parents...
  3. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety after Parents has separated: Hello!Ok, so...2 Parents and 2 kids. During relationship both kids each had a stationary computer. Both Parents are Administators while the dad is the creator. if it mattersThe Parents separate and have their own place now. The 2 kids spend every other week at each parents...
  4. Family Safety after Parents has separated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed: Hello,I've encountered problem with Microsoft Family Safety, month back my dad bought new laptop with Windows 11 and logged into his account, immediately we discovered that by mistake he set his birthday in that way that he was under 18, so Windows required a parents permit...
  6. Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsft Family Safety parents permit needed: Hello,I've encountered problem with Microsoft Family Safety, month back my dad bought new laptop with Windows 11 and logged into his account, immediately we discovered that by mistake he set his birthday in that way that he was under 18, so Windows required a parents permit...
  7. Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety

Admin, not parent ,approving time in MS Family Safety: Hello, My teenage son is an admin on his laptop, but he is not a parent or organiser in MS Family Safety. My littlest boy 10yr has discovered that his older brother can approve additional time on his older brother's laptop because he is an admin on the machine. He eventually...
  8. Parental Controls and Family Safety: Windows 10 Education and Enterprise vs Home

Parental Controls and Family Safety: Windows 10 Education and Enterprise vs Home: I saw a comparison table https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart of the various Windows 10 versions. I am trying to verify whether or not the Education and Enterprise editions have the Parental Control and Family Safety features the table says they...
  9. Parental controls and family account not working

Parental controls and family account not working: I just set up family accounts for my children a couple days ago and did not even give the info to my kids since I wanted to check them first. I went on my sons account and even though I toggled the content restrictions on (I double checked), I was able to view everything...
  10. Family Safety and seperated parents

Family Safety and seperated parents: Can someone detail what are the important issues two separated parents might have with using Family Safety to manage their children? My son 11, is getting a laptop for high school. He currently has a desktop at my place configured for Family Safety. His account is a child...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family safety and parental controls not in windows 10 enterprise