Windows 10: Parental controls enabled without enabling them

Discus and support Parental controls enabled without enabling them in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So, I had family settings on for a long period of time, but finally got rid of them. And as soon as i log my account out of the family, games like... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NooaMännistö, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Parental controls enabled without enabling them

So, I had family settings on for a long period of time, but finally got rid of them. And as soon as i log my account out of the family, games like forza horizon 4 start pushing parental controls at me. I can't download a tune, download liveries or use the auction house because it just gives the message this feature is blocked by your accounts parental controls even though i don't have any of that stuff on. I tried to change my date of birth and that worked for one time and now it started doing the same stuff all again. Any help would be much appreciated

:)

NooaMännistö, Feb 8, 2021

2. How to enable Parental controls

My son installed Windows 10 on my laptop without my ok. I had done it before and removed it so now I cant remove it again. (I know I can but I have to go back to factory settings and I don't want to do that) Anyway, the issue is parental controls. Are
    there parental controls in Windows 10 because I cant seem to find them.

Original title: Parental controls

LoriASchmitt, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Parental controls enabled without enabling them

Xbox one parental control problems

Hi AderallAdmiral,

Xbox One safety features enable you to control what kinds of content each of your family members can access on Xbox One by providing parental controls to child Xbox account.
    To give you an idea, child Xbox accounts needs to have a parent Xbox account associated to give parental controls. If your account is requesting a parental control, there's a possibility that your account is a child Xbox account which is added
    to the Xbox Family on the old Xbox One. Regarding your concern, let's try to confirm if your account is a child account or an adult account. Kindly sign into
    https://account.microsoft.com, then go to
    Family tab. You should be able to see the parent account associated.

If the parent account associated is available, I suggest that you sign in the parent Xbox account on the console to allow your child Xbox account to make a purchase or play multiplayer. You may refer to this
    link as your guide on how you can manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child Xbox account.

If your account is already an adult Xbox account and no parent account associated, I suggest that you change your privacy and online safety by signing on to your Xbox account on the Xbox One and perform the following steps:

• From Home, go to Settings > All Settings.
    • Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    • Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    • Restart your console once you're done.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Parental controls enabled without enabling them

1. Parental controls enabled without enabling them - Similar Threads - Parental controls enabled

2. Enable smart app control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable smart app control: Hello, I have a Windows 11 PC with smart app control off. I would like to enable but for this I need to reset my PC. My question is if I reset my PC will it keep Windows 11 or will it reset to Windows 10 which was installed before I upgraded to win 11, so will it reset to win...
  3. Enable smart app control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable smart app control: Hello, I have a Windows 11 PC with smart app control off. I would like to enable but for this I need to reset my PC. My question is if I reset my PC will it keep Windows 11 or will it reset to Windows 10 which was installed before I upgraded to win 11, so will it reset to win...
  4. Internet schedules, without using parental control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet schedules, without using parental control.: This is a silly question.I apologize for comparing Windows 10, to a cooker. But why a cooker can turn off its functionalities after a certain time, and Windows can't.My main goal, is to switch off the internet on certain hours, but I dont want use big tool like parental...
  5. Internet schedules, without using parental control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet schedules, without using parental control.: This is a silly question.I apologize for comparing Windows 10, to a cooker. But why a cooker can turn off its functionalities after a certain time, and Windows can't.My main goal, is to switch off the internet on certain hours, but I dont want use big tool like parental...
  6. Internet schedules, without using parental control.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen time limit working when parental controls are not enabled.: Greetings I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 installed. I recently changed the hard drive to an SSD, but ever since then, Windows is locking me out at random times due to the 'parental screen time control'. My account is not part of any family group and there are no screen...
  8. Control is always enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Control is always enabled: So, I've been working in a mmd animation but for school problems I couldn't even sit on my desk Now that I'm free I tried to save my progress and it results that the key control is always enabled, I tried to press it many times and it doesn't do anything. I can't open...
  9. Enable Bitlocker Without TPM

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Bitlocker Without TPM: Hello everyone, i need to enable BitLocker on all the computers all parittions inside the company using a script or command line without enabling TPM option and backup the recovery key to AD DS. is there a way to achieve that, i have searched a lot to do this with no...
  10. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access. However I don't like the fact that to create a child...