Windows 10: Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App

Discus and support Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Currently I am unable to set time limits for my child to use the Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App. He is distracted by constant chat notifications... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by GridGuardian, May 5, 2020.

1. Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App

Currently I am unable to set time limits for my child to use the Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App. He is distracted by constant chat notifications while distance learning during the Covid19 pandemic. Also, my child is able to pull up the Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App and chat with friends with Win+G, while locked out through parental controls. I would like Microsoft to fix this issue as well.

:)

GridGuardian, May 5, 2020
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox one parental control problems

Hi AderallAdmiral,

Xbox One safety features enable you to control what kinds of content each of your family members can access on Xbox One by providing parental controls to child Xbox account.
    To give you an idea, child Xbox accounts needs to have a parent Xbox account associated to give parental controls. If your account is requesting a parental control, there's a possibility that your account is a child Xbox account which is added
    to the Xbox Family on the old Xbox One. Regarding your concern, let's try to confirm if your account is a child account or an adult account. Kindly sign into
    https://account.microsoft.com, then go to
    Family tab. You should be able to see the parent account associated.

If the parent account associated is available, I suggest that you sign in the parent Xbox account on the console to allow your child Xbox account to make a purchase or play multiplayer. You may refer to this
    link as your guide on how you can manage the privacy and online safety settings of the child Xbox account.

If your account is already an adult Xbox account and no parent account associated, I suggest that you change your privacy and online safety by signing on to your Xbox account on the Xbox One and perform the following steps:

• From Home, go to Settings > All Settings.
    • Under Privacy & online safety, select Xbox Live privacy.
    • Choose a default, or customize your settings by selecting View details & customize.
    • Restart your console once you're done.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Ariel Acu, May 5, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, May 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App

New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar Xbox

Source: New Idea Drives Just for You: Designed for Xbox and PC Game Bar - Xbox Wire

Brink, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App

1. Parental Controls for Windows 10 built in Xbox Game Bar App - Similar Threads - Parental Controls built

2. xbox parental controls.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox parental controls.: so i just got a new laptop mum`s old one and i wanted to download MK11 i have it on my main pc but when i went to download it, it told me "this is rated above your restrictions". all of the accounts have their birthday as 5/11/20 and there is only one acc on this laptop,...
  3. xbox parental controls.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox parental controls.: so i just got a new laptop mum`s old one and i wanted to download MK11 i have it on my main pc but when i went to download it, it told me "this is rated above your restrictions". all of the accounts have their birthday as 5/11/20 and there is only one acc on this laptop,...
  4. Xbox app and Game Bar confusion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox app and Game Bar confusion: Before, when I played some MS Store game with friends who happened to be on Xbox, I used the Win10 Xbox (beta) app to voice chat with them, which worked rather poorly (terrible audio quality, constant crashes, etc.) - but at least it worked. Now, I'm not sure if something...
  5. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0
  6. Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar broadcasting not working: I've used many hours to get the native Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar to start broadcasting on Mixer to no avail. Whatever I do, I get the same error message: "Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later." Before I got to this point, I wasn't even able to get the "sign...
  7. Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar Broadcasting not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Built-in Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar Broadcasting not working: I've used many hours to get the native Windows 10 / Xbox Game Bar to start broadcasting on Mixer to no avail. Whatever I do, I get the same error message: "Something went wrong. Try broadcasting again later." Before I got to this point, I wasn't even able to get the "sign...
  8. Windows game bar and Xbox beta app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows game bar and Xbox beta app: After I reinstated the payment for game pass ultimate my game bar and app no longer let me access the sign in screen. I have tried resetting and repairing the game bar and app but nothing has worked. I use the game bar quite often and now I can't talk to my friends who play...
  9. Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Game Bar app renamed to Xbox Game Bar and more in update to Windows 10: Microsoft updates the Game Bar app to version 3.29.11001.0 in Windows 10 by renaming it to Xbox Game Bar with a new home screen. When the app opens, a new animated welcome screen appears showing the Win + G keys that follow a graphical representation of the potential and...
  10. Microsoft windows 10 xbox parental control issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft windows 10 xbox parental control issue: How am i suppose to add myslef as a family in my own account with one account to get access to my stuff?! I do not understand how to manage parental control on myself when im the parent and only have one account!!!!!!!...