Windows 10: Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Jedzi, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Jedzi Win User

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

Hi,

I've just re-installed Windows 10 on a family laptop. I want to create accounts for my two children (aged 13 & 11) that have a degree of protection, mainly in terms of sites and content types that they can access.

However I don't like the fact that to create a child account and use the child safety features Microsoft forces me to create a Microsoft account / hotmail address for them. Are my options:

1. Live with it
    2. Use other parental control software, e.g. Custodio
    3. Tie individual browsers down with parental controls.

Thanks,

:)

Jedzi, Aug 29, 2017

2. How to setup parental controls in Windows 10 local account?

please have Microsoft setup parental controls for a local account in windows 10. Having a child with an email account is irresponsible and is placing the child at risk. Not having an option to place parental controls for a local account without an email
    address is also placing the child at risk. I do not think Microsoft wants that type of risk to their name, so please have Microsoft bring back the parental controls option for a local account which it had.

Thank-you

JeffreyHorne, Aug 29, 2017
  3. What happened to parental controls when I installed windows 10 ?

Parental control in windows 10 is a joke. A child can -without being an administrator- change its account back to a local account
    at any time he likes. Once changed to a local account the parental control is disabled. So in windows 10, your child can do whatever he likes.

Another strange thing. My child has to approve being a family member before i can set up parental control in the first place, I am the parent, so I should be in charge, i should not have to ask the childs permission to activate parental control.

Please fix this Microsoft.

Thanks....

datbenikzijdegek, Aug 29, 2017
Thema:

Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account

1. Parental Controls without a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Parental Controls without

2. Disable Microsoft parental controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Microsoft parental controls: Hi, I am in a Microsoft family with friends.I did not ask have Microsoft Parental Controls set up however and neither did my friends.Microsoft was actively making advertisement with the fact that you did not have to be an actual family in order to use this feature. Now I...
  3. Disable Microsoft parental controls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Microsoft parental controls: Hi, I am in a Microsoft family with friends.I did not ask have Microsoft Parental Controls set up however and neither did my friends.Microsoft was actively making advertisement with the fact that you did not have to be an actual family in order to use this feature. Now I...
  4. Internet schedules, without using parental control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet schedules, without using parental control.: This is a silly question.I apologize for comparing Windows 10, to a cooker. But why a cooker can turn off its functionalities after a certain time, and Windows can't.My main goal, is to switch off the internet on certain hours, but I dont want use big tool like parental...
  5. Internet schedules, without using parental control.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet schedules, without using parental control.: This is a silly question.I apologize for comparing Windows 10, to a cooker. But why a cooker can turn off its functionalities after a certain time, and Windows can't.My main goal, is to switch off the internet on certain hours, but I dont want use big tool like parental...
  6. Microsoft parental controls not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft parental controls not working: Hello,My computer Had parental controlsand was granted time for the whole dayand the Computer still didnt log me inIt kept saying You can use your pc on 16/7/2021 8:00am Which is todayand i logged in after that time and it still didnt work other devices it worked but one...
  7. Parental controls enabled without enabling them

Parental controls enabled without enabling them: So, I had family settings on for a long period of time, but finally got rid of them. And as soon as i log my account out of the family, games like forza horizon 4 start pushing parental controls at me. I can't download a tune, download liveries or use the auction house...
  8. Microsoft parental controls

Microsoft parental controls: Hello all! i just made a parental confrol account, ive logged onto the childs account and accepted the invite myself. I set up the app settings and internet settings. Now my child has to log onto their computer. Do they have to log into the settings part to actually...
  9. Parental controls for 1 computer without establishing separate accounts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Parental controls for 1 computer without establishing separate accounts: How do I set parental controls in windows 10 without a Microsoft account. I liked it better in windows 8. All i want to do is set it on 1 computer for anyone user logged into it without having them to create a Microsoft account. Is there a way to that?...
  10. Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls

Microsoft added restrictions on time limits without Parental Controls: I was trying to start working for school yesterday and my computer had previously had no restrictions by my parents, and they had never wanted to set them. I then log in and try to get on Google Chrome, and it gives the popup of "You need to get permission to get more time on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. parental controls without microsoft account

2. windows 10 parental controls without microsoft account

3. parental controls without accounts

4. when are the parental controls for a Microsoft account accessible,
  5. windows 10 how 2 use parental controls without a microsoft account,
  6. family controls windows 10 without microsoft account,
  7. windows 10 parental control without microsoft account,
  8. windows 10 parental controls without email,
  9. windows 10 and parental controls,
  10. windows 10 parental controls without online account,
  11. parental controls in edige without microsoft account,