Windows 10: Parental permission for chrome not working

Discus and support Parental permission for chrome not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son needs to use chrome for his online schooling. Microsoft has flagged chrome. I have given permission over 20 times, over the last year or so. I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CamaroYarger, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Parental permission for chrome not working

My son needs to use chrome for his online schooling. Microsoft has flagged chrome. I have given permission over 20 times, over the last year or so. I get the confirmation screen. Chrome a green check circle next to it, but my son still can't use it. Microsoft help is utterly worthless when I talk to them. Anyone know a way to force chrome to bypass parental controls? Or do I have to wipe my sons computer and set him up as an adult so he can go to school?

:)

CamaroYarger, Apr 6, 2020

2. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues when using Google Chrome on your PC as it keeps asking for permission from parent.

Ideally, you get this error if you were previously added into Family Group as a Child account and then Google Chrome was restricted from being used.

Let’s try a couple of troubleshooting steps and see if that helps in fixing the issue.

Method 1:

Try re-installing Google Chrome on your PC. Refer the below articles to re-install Google Chrome on your PC.

Method 2:

Create a new user account and then login with the same Microsoft Account and see if you face the same issue. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to convert Microsoft Account to Local Account.

1. Press Windows + S to open Search
    2. Now type Your account info
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once you move to a local account create a new user account and sign in with your Microsoft Account and then see if you receive the same error. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

In addition, you can also try providing the parental consent for your Account and see if that helps. Refer the section
    How do I provide consent for a child account? and sub-section
    I'm an adult but I'm being asked for parental consent. What do I do?
    from the article

Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask
    for parental permission, and if I click for it to ask by email it just gives me an error message.

This is the what it says:

Something went wrong

We're working on it- try again in a little bit.

Trace ID: yjtdNb8VkUW5mxCK.4.

***Original title: Need to ask for parental permission to use app despite me being an adult..***

SasukeCorvin, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Parental permission for chrome not working

Parental permission for Google Chrome

I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open
    the program, it says they need to get my permission again. Is there a fix for this?

lilythefirestar, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Parental permission for chrome not working

1. Parental permission for chrome not working - Similar Threads - Parental permission chrome

2. Stuck on Parent permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Parent permission?: So I a friend of mine opened a mircosoft account and he mistakenly didnt change the age which made his account a children's account.We changed the date afterwards and now it's the correct date he was born in 2000Now for some reason he still needs an adult permission to open...
  3. Stuck on Parent permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Parent permission?: So I a friend of mine opened a mircosoft account and he mistakenly didnt change the age which made his account a children's account.We changed the date afterwards and now it's the correct date he was born in 2000Now for some reason he still needs an adult permission to open...
  4. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  5. Parent permission error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  6. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  7. Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?

Chrome keeps asking for parent permission to add on time?: After installing an update and shutting down my computer for the night, I woke up next morning to find that Chrome was telling me to ask an adult for permission to add time to use it. I am a teenager with my dad who controls the family features, but the day before and as long...
  8. parent permissions

parent permissions: I can't use any apps besides internet explorer because of my account being set as a child. I need the adult account removed so I can gain my oermissions back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parent-permissions/d3ee162f-ca1d-45ac-a5c3-833666e0f4c6
  9. Parental permission for Google Chrome

Parental permission for Google Chrome: I have a microsoft account with 2 children in my family. They need Google Chrome to access their school work. I allowed one account to download Chrome with no issues. I have allowed the other to download it as well, SEVERAL times, but when they go to open the program, it says...
  10. Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing

Google Chrome asking for Parental Permissions when accessing: I installed google chrome on my laptop so I could play some browser game that don't work on Microsoft edge. and despite the face that I am an adult and Microsoft says that my account it a adult account every time I go to run chrome it says it has to ask for parental...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows friefox app ask for permission granted

2. you cant use google chrome microsft family

3. microsoft family keeps asking for permission

4. microsoft family account chrome