Windows 10: Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive

Discus and support Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My new ASUS GL703GE Laptop has two hard-drive. C Drive is an SSD and D Drive is a spinning disc drive. I know that the D Drive is formatted because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FreddieVenezia, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive

My new ASUS GL703GE Laptop has two hard-drive. C Drive is an SSD and D Drive is a spinning disc drive. I know that the D Drive is formatted because I made a test folder on it and put a text file in that folder. I erased both.

What is the best easiest tool for partitioning the drive? I want 2 roughly equal sized partitions on the drive.

:)

FreddieVenezia, Mar 2, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 2, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive

1. Paritioning and Identifying Hard-Drive - Similar Threads - Paritioning Identifying Hard

2. Second hard drive no longer being identified by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second hard drive no longer being identified by Windows 10: I have a second hard drive connected internally as my File History drive on my Windows 10 PC. All along it had worked fine but now I find that it is no longer being identified by Windows 10 at all. It does not appear in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management or BIOS. I...
  3. Second hard drive no longer being identified by Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second hard drive no longer being identified by Windows 10: I have a second hard drive connected internally as my File History drive on my Windows 10 PC. All along it had worked fine but now I find that it is no longer being identified by Windows 10 at all. It does not appear in File Explorer and not even in Disk Management or BIOS. I...
  4. Disk and Drive Paritioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk and Drive Paritioning: I must first say that I cannot guarantee a quick reply to ay answers I receive owing to disability problems but I WILL reply when I can. I got into difficulties with my Windows10, caused by problems when trying to use my Seagate drive for my file history. I was met with...
  5. Paritioning Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Paritioning Hard Drive: So I partitioned my hard drive, but it was only 29gb. Then I realized that wasn't big enough. I wanted to resize it but it was greyed out to extend it. I tried to delete the partition to start over but I'm not sure if was able to let me do that. Do I shrink my hard drive...
  6. Identifying a hard drive failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Identifying a hard drive failure.: I have had a series of performance issues over the last four months. I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running W10. It had stopped working and had to be restored using the Windows Media Creator. The issues continued afterwards and boot up began to be increasingly slow....
  7. How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?: How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool that can identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server in terms of being SSD, SAS, SATA as well as the reading\writing speed. Thank you Best Jamal...
  8. How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server?: How to identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server? I couldn’t figure out if there is a tool that can identify the type and speed of the hard drive of a server in terms of being SSD, SAS, SATA as well as the reading\writing speed. Thank you Best Jamal...
  9. Identifying Hard Boots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Identifying Hard Boots: Our users have somehow gotten the idea that it is okay for them to hard boot their machines whenever they think something is taking longer that it should. As you might imagine, this has caused us a lot of headaches, including needing to build replacement machines because...
  10. Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does Windows 10 parition the hard drive into a C and D drive?: Hello, Relatively new to Windows 10. Why does Windows 10 partition the hard drive into a C and D drive? As purchased, my Windows 10 machine has split my 2TB drive split into C and D. The C drive is much smaller than the D drive (At work otherwise I would supply the...