Windows 10: Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

Discus and support Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft. I am running WIN10 Pro, Version 1803. Recently I had to reinstall my two HP parallel port printers. Both printers are using TP-Link... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fredbear22, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

Hello Microsoft.

I am running WIN10 Pro, Version 1803.

Recently I had to reinstall my two HP parallel port printers.

Both printers are using TP-Link Network adapters.

Unfortunately I decided to change the ip addresses for both printers due to a changed router.

Unfortunately I cannot find the HP drivers that used to be available on the Microsoft Drivers Site.

Now I do hope that Microsoft in their wisdom have NOT purposely removed these drivers as both my LPT printers are in excellent working order.

Please can you direct me to WIN10 drivers for the following printers?

HP Laserjet 5MP

HP Deskjet 1120C

I do hope you can sort this for me.

Thank you.

:)

fredbear22, Aug 19, 2018

2. Printer Port

Hi John,

Thank you for providing the requested information.

I would like to inform that the printer is not compatible with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the driver for the printer in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Download the setup files for the driver and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.
    Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 19, 2018
  3. USB Printer Port vanished following Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if they help:

Method 1: Printer troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Printer. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok. (Follow the onscreen instructions)
    Method 2: Update you printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the Printers.

• Double-click on the Printer.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Method 3: Manually install your printer.

Click on the link below and follow the steps to manually install a printer. (also applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Jan123 Win User

Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

Windows 10 Home Won't Print to Remote Printer

I have three computers.
    Machine 1: Windows 10 pro, has the USB Brother HL-5040 printer
    Machine 2: Windows 10 pro, prints OK to the remote printer.
    Machine 3: Windows 10 home, Used to print, but not anymore (THIS IS THE PROBLEM).
    I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and would appreciate any suggestions.
    I did these steps on Machine 3 that did not work.

• Remove the printer device.
    • Add a Printer
    • The printer that I want isn’t listed
    • Select a shared printer by name
    • Browse
    • Select the displayed Machine 1.
    • Select the displayed Printer.
    • Next
    • Failure “Connect to Printer”.
    • Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or Hostname
    • Next
    • Set Hostname to Machine 2, and set port name.
    • Detecting TCP/IP Port
    • Additional Port information required.
    • Device Type – Standard, Brother Port Server
    • Next
    • Detecting the Driver Model
    • Install The Print Driver
    • Select Brother and Brother HL-5040
    • Next
    • Replace the Current Driver
    • Printer Name (setting it to HL-5040)
    • Next
    • Do not share this printer
    • Next
    • You’ve successfully added “HL-5040”
    • Finish
    Printing on Machine 3 puts the document in the print queue, which reports error printing.
    Printing from Machine 2 to the printer on Machine 1 works perfectly.
    All three machines are in the same HomeGroup. Machine 3 can access the shared files from Machine 1.

Jan123, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support

1. Parralel Port printers, No Driver Support - Similar Threads - Parralel Port printers

2. Unused Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unused Printer Ports: Windows 11I have an unused printer port old that is no longer in use.I tried to delete the port but I get the message the resource is in use.How do I delete this port?Thanks Bruce...
  3. Unused Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unused Printer Ports: Windows 11I have an unused printer port old that is no longer in use.I tried to delete the port but I get the message the resource is in use.How do I delete this port?Thanks Bruce...
  4. Printer ports missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer ports missing: Windows 10 I have had 3 windows 10 computers with this recent problem. The printer ports list is incomplete with missing ports always created local ports. If I try to add a missing port back in the list I get a message the port already exists. Yet I cannot assign a missing...
  5. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported: samsung ml-2240 shows offline won't configure port as not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-printers-showing-offline-port/7770b724-eb79-4311-88c2-3063fcb7c42d
  6. Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port

Enable bidirectioinal support is greyed out for Epson Printer on WSD port: I can not enable bidirectional support, without this warnings about low ink etc do not appear on laptop. I tried clicking on Change properties with the shield and this didn't help, Removed the printer and reinstalled this hasn't helped and the change properties with the...
  7. 7760 hp printer driver support

7760 hp printer driver support: How can I get support for an HP 7760 printer with Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/7760-hp-printer-driver-support/1f7040e2-9347-4550-8c46-2efeb1461d14
  8. Printer Ports

Printer Ports: Samsung laser printer was working fine until today when a message flashed up along the lines of "printer port disabled/reconfigured. do you wish to use a valid port?" (may not be word for word). Clicked yes and tried again. Now, when I print, there is a pop-up box...
  9. Printer port confusion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer port confusion: Since upgrading to Win 10 from release date, my wifi printer (Epson XP-215) worked fine until a few weeks ago, when the printer showed 'offline' and the connection could not be restored. Thinking it was a printer problem, I called Epson support and they talked me through a...
  10. USB Printer Support and USB001 Virtual Port are missing - RESOLVED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Printer Support and USB001 Virtual Port are missing - RESOLVED: I tried the usual "fixes", such as uninstalling/reinstalling the USB controllers/device drivers. In desperation, I tried a repair install of W10 Pro. The printer in question is a brand new Ricoh SP-C250DN, which operated perfectly when I first plugged it in and selected...