Windows 10: Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?

Discus and support Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This started happening a few months ago, but basically the top portion of my mousepad (everything above the spots you can click) will randomly become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GC64, Dec 3, 2020.

1. /u/GC64 Win User

Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?

This started happening a few months ago, but basically the top portion of my mousepad (everything above the spots you can click) will randomly become unresponsive, so that only the bottom part works. I found that if I put the laptop to sleep and turn back on it will usually fix it, but it will eventually do it again. Either that or I wait about 5 minutes and it works again. Originally I thought the mousepad was just defective, but the fact that it fixes after putting it to sleep, and that it works half of the time, makes me think it could be a software issue. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E590.

submitted by /u/GC64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GC64, Dec 3, 2020

2. Mousepad not working after windows 10

Hi Bon,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I’m sorry to know that Mouse pad is not working after upgrading to Windows 10. Don't worry, I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices
      option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you need any further help we would be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Mousepad stops working when disconnecting power on my laptop with windows10

Hi Schiet,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the mousepad drivers and check if it helps you to fix the issue.

The issue could also arise due to outdated drivers that might not be compatible with Windows 10. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available try to install them and see
    if it helps you to fix the issue.

First, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the mousepad drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install
    and Update drivers in Windows 10

Run Hardware Troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue. Please follow the below steps.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.

• Click Next to run the Hardware
      and
      Device Troubleshooter.

Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?

Mousepad disabled

Hi,

My mouse pad is not working anymore. My laptop does not have the "toggle" everyone talks about, so I don't know what happened or how to fix it.

When I go to the mousepad settings, it does not show me any option to turn it on or off.

I've also seen suggestions to use F6 or F12, but those don't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

BarbaraB1809, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times?

1. Part of mousepad is nonresponsive at certain times? - Similar Threads - Part mousepad nonresponsive

2. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  3. My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop boots up to a nonresponsive "normal" screen half the time: I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 10. Normal startup has me pressing the power button, Win10 loads, and I get a sign-in screen. I type my password and go to the desktop, all good. Half the time, every other startup, I push the power button, Win10 loads to a different screen...
  4. cant click in certain parts of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant click in certain parts of the screen: Unable to click in certain parts of screen mostly lower left corner, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-in-certain-parts-of-the-screen/16785414-f630-4341-a3d8-e1c8af866245
  5. cant click in certain parts of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant click in certain parts of the screen: Unable to click in certain parts of screen mostly lower left corner, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-click-in-certain-parts-of-the-screen/16785414-f630-4341-a3d8-e1c8af866245
  6. Nonresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nonresponsive keys: The last few days my keyboard keys are not responding to every tap. Like right now every few letters or so require I press key down several times. It is maddening. I looked up keyboard settings and all options are off: sticky keys, toggle, on-screen, etc. Help please. 136184
  7. Nonresponsive keys

in Windows 10 Support
    Nonresponsive keys: The last few days my keyboard keys are not responding to every tap. Like right now every few letters or so require I press key down several times. It is maddening. I looked up keyboard settings and all options are off: sticky keys, toggle, on-screen, etc. Help please. 136184
  8. Mousepad and Keys not working at the same time.

Mousepad and Keys not working at the same time.: I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out but still, nothing has been fixed. I cant use my mousepad while I'm typing, I'm trying to play games so its a big issue for me. I downloaded something called like 'Sypnatic mouse driver', or something like that. When I open...
  9. Mousepad and Keys not working at the same time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mousepad and Keys not working at the same time.: I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out but still, nothing has been fixed. I cant use my mousepad while I'm typing, I'm trying to play games so its a big issue for me. I downloaded something called like 'Sypnatic mouse driver', or something like that. When I open...
  10. Gestures on Mousepad

Gestures on Mousepad: I have been able to disable most mousepad gestures (e.g. scrolling, zooming, etc.) by going to Settings, Devices, Mouse and Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, Click Pad Settings and deselecting the various options (I do not want the mousepad to do anything except move the...