Windows 10: Part of screen is blank after update

Discus and support Part of screen is blank after update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So my computer just updated, I now have a band of black under the taskbar that it apparently thinks that's where my monitor ends but it doesn't. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Eeveykins, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Eeveykins Win User

Part of screen is blank after update

So my computer just updated, I now have a band of black under the taskbar that it apparently thinks that's where my monitor ends but it doesn't. I've tried display settings but nothing changes and if I move my mouse to that bar it disappears. Anything I move down there is cut off I've never had this problem before everything has auto adjusted I'm using a small tv as my monitor so I can use the HDMI port and I don't have an auto adjust button. Has anyone else had this problem?

:)

Eeveykins, Nov 16, 2018

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Blank screen

Hi Jim,

To isolate your concern regarding the blank screen you're experiencing after putting your device back to landscape mode, kindly answer the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried to restart the computer? Does the issue still occur?
    • Have you already downloaded the latest updates for the video card of your computer?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Part of screen is blank after update

blank screen

Hi Philip,

Black screen error has many symptoms. Examples are: when you recently updated your computer, there are changes that are still applying during the boot process, and you are in the process of installing a software. To have a better grip on this blank
    screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages? If yes, can you send us a photo?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • How much free space do you have on your hard disk?

In addition, you can visit this link: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    to start troubleshooting this black screen issue.

We're looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Part of screen is blank after update

1. Part of screen is blank after update - Similar Threads - Part screen blank

2. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  3. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank screen after windows update: recently the built-in monitor in my Lenovo IdeaPad 100-15IBD laptop stopped working after a critical windows update, the the screen worked fine before.After I found out the screen didn't work I connected the laptop to a LG TV through an HDMI cable, however now the system...
  4. Blank screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank screen with enlarged cursor after update: I had kept my laptop (MSI GF63) for update and now after restarting it, it loads into a blank screen with a big cursor. Please help. submitted by /u/Koro_Heisenberg [link] [comments]...
  6. After update, Blank black screen!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update, Blank black screen!: First let me say I don't know to much about computers, please bare with me! I have a laptop HP-15-ba051 windows 10. I don't know much but I do know it's only a year & a half old and barely ever been used. Then last week I went to use it but it was updating so I waited...……....
  7. Blank screen after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen after update.: [IMG] Help! My computer will not even let me log in...I hit okay and now it is on a blank screen. Before this I could not access any files on my computer. What is going on? :(...
  8. Laptop has blank screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop has blank screen after update: after update to my laptop, not this computer, and restart computer, got a black screen, all the icons are gone on the desktop, .and showing...C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop file is unavailable .......
  9. blank screens after update.

in Windows 10 Customization
    blank screens after update.: after the last windows update i can no longer see some windows. the problem windows appears as a bank white canvas. This was happening with Visual studio but i was able to fix with making some aplication adjustments but it happens with general windows like the VSIX installer....
  10. Blank Screen after installing recomended updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blank Screen after installing recomended updates.: I have a HP ENVY 700 PC Series desktop computer. I installed three recommended updates. After the updates were installed the start screen came up and after inputting my password I got the welcome message and then the screen went blank. The only thing showing is the mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Part of Screen blank

2. PART OF SCREEN IS BLAnk

3. windows 10 desktop is blank after installing update