Windows 10: Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10

Discus and support Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am in the middle of changing computers and I'm supposed to give my old computer to my dad. I went through adding my dad's microsoft account as a new... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Snowfaerie, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10

I am in the middle of changing computers and I'm supposed to give my old computer to my dad. I went through adding my dad's microsoft account as a new user, but something went very strange in the process. Instead of adding him as a new user account, it somehow added his account as the system admin... sort of. The system admin name and password are his, but the profile picture and the account name shown in the User folder is my old account. It also still accesses my old Photos folder and my OneDrive, and I can't get it to stop. Can anyone tell me a) what happened? and b) how can I remove all traces of my account from the comp and set my dad's account as the system admin properly? - - - Updated - - - I created a new local account and made it system admin and was able to delete the old one that way. I think it was a combination of a Microsoft account and a Windows account that confused the comp.

:)

Snowfaerie, Jun 6, 2021

2. How to merge user accounts in Win 10

How to merge user accounts in Win 10

robinmandal, Jun 6, 2021
  3. How to merge user accounts in Win 10

Yes--I have done the Sync on all accounts--I have tried deleting a few unneeded (OS) C: users accounts but some have Win 10 OS files & then I nee to reinstall Win 10 again which accomplishes nothing. My Documents & Pictures files are still split between
    users. I can't get Win 10 to use the one user that contains the vast majority of my need files.

Is there anyway to merge User A counts in the (OS) C:/Users directory????

Darrell

DarrellFeit, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10

How to merge user accounts in Win 10

I have crashed & reloaded Win 10 a few times & now I have several accounts listed in the (OS) C: drive "users folder. How can I merge all the user accounts into one or two accounts. Each user account account has different files including Documents & Pictures
    folder. I used an external backup drive to replace files & it also created another user(OS) C: account.

This Windows 10 has taken more of my time than all the previous Windows versions over the past 20+ years.combined.

I always favored Microsoft but I'm considering spending the $$$$ for an Apple laptop. My current Win 10 is on an ASUS laptop running I-7 processors with 8 Gig of storage +. Security is not my main concern thus I have shared & used Everybody as a with
    full Access Control. I keep my passwords & log on user names off my laptop for my secure online accounts.

Can anyone help me???

signed---Worried in Westerville,

Darrell Feit

DarrellFeit, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10

1. Partial account merge when adding a new user to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Partial account merge

2. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  3. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  4. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  5. How to merge user accounts in Win 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to merge user accounts in Win 10: How to merge user accounts in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-merge-user-accounts-in-win-10/8e80c0a8-28e1-4c91-8f70-d6171024743d
  6. Problems with adding a new user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Problems with adding a new user account: Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space -...
  7. Merge User accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Merge User accounts: Hi, I see only 1 userapart from default user on my laptop in system properties/user profiles. However under C/Users I see another userapart from default and public. The 2nd user is my user name from my prior laptop. I would like to merge the 2nd prior laptop user into the...
  8. Merging two user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging two user accounts: I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is...
  9. Merged user accounts!

Merged user accounts!: Two of us use Windows 10. Recently our two accounts seem to have become linked in some way - eg our Word documents will appear on each others list of documents or our desk top pictures appear on the other one's desktop. How can we unmerge?? 132348
  10. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...