Windows 10: partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

Discus and support partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; as this is solved it is for information only, mainly aimed at those who also have this 'problem' suddenly my 23" samsung 2333 display started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gabrielsmit, Sep 6, 2015.

1. partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

as this is solved it is for information only, mainly aimed at those who also have this 'problem'

suddenly my 23" samsung 2333 display started to flicker and give a partial display of my win screen with a lot of horizontal lines.
    see image.
    although i managed to get into windows the top edge of the screen was not accessible, making it virtually impossible to access controls situated at the top of open programs - i had to guess where the cursor is as it 'vanished' from the visible part.

after uninstalling printer drivers, removing the graphics card and plugging the monitor into the mother board the problem persisted, reminding me it was there in bios as well!

replace display with old one lying around, voila, problem sorted.
    the display needs replacement.

so i figure if you guys get a problem display even at bios level, before any drivers start kicking in; odds are good the display is the culprit.

in Christ
    gabriel

:)

gabrielsmit, Sep 6, 2015
  2. Lev A Win User

Flickering screen -> grey frozen screen or white/blue frozen screen with white horizontal lines in Windows 10.

I recently successfully installed Windows 10 and now I have problems with 3 different scenarios:

1. Normal login into Windows 10 then being on the Internet website or email the screen suddenly becomes flickering that leads to the screen that is partially white on the left side and the rest is blue with multiple horizontal lines through the screen. Have
    to reboot the computer to login again to the windows.

2. Sometimes flickering screen leads to a grey frozen screen. Have to reboot the computer.

3. Sometimes flickering screen leads to "Your PC ran into problem..." with automatic restart.

This is really annoying. Please help!!!!!

Lev A, Sep 6, 2015
  3. Cpgevoexp Win User
    laptop screen dispaly malfunctioning after upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7

Upgraded laptop on windows 7 to windows 10 on 03 Oct 15. Since then screen display is malfunctioning intermittently. All of a sudden the screen display gets clustered horizontal flickering lines. Screen content remains visible behind
    the lines and remains unreadable. Display gets normal after few seconds. This has happened 5 to 6 times a day. Why is this happening? is this a upgrade malfunctioning? or Is this some virus or malware? The display gets interrupted despite updated Avast is
    installed.

Cpgevoexp, Sep 6, 2015
  4. damocles Win User

partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

Horizontal and vertical line as well as garbled pixels are a classic sign of a failing monitor or GPU - a monitor can be fixed as it usually a blown capacitor or two...this would be the cheaper option.....if you have the cash, get a better monitor. If it's the GPU upgrade to new tech as the chances are the current GPU is old.

damocles, Sep 13, 2015
  5. tx damocles,
    my reasoning process [which is not always what it used to be *Shock] tells me that if the fault is my gpu the monitor i now use would also behave faulty - as i use the same gpu as before and during the problem with the display.
    to test if it was my gpu i bypassed it [removed it and deleted all nvidia drivers] and used the on-board graphics and the fault on the monitor remained.
    secondly the fault on the monitor also showed up in bios, i.e. where the bios options become visible on screen, this is before any drivers load.
    i am glad you indicate that a monitor can indeed be repaired as the syncmaster 2333 served me very well and i nearly bought another display today - in the meantime i stare at an old nearly square syncmaster 720n which i keep for emergencies.
    keep well and God bless!
    gabriel
    ps, there is no sword dangling above those in Christ *Smile

gabrielsmit, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

1. partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED - Similar Threads - partial display horizontal

2. How to solve horizontal lines and blurry screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve horizontal lines and blurry screen?: Hello, I have this issue with my laptop for a couple of months now, I’ve had my laptop for atleast 4 years now but then my screen suddenly got very blurry and have these horizontal lines in the middle but aswell I’ve notice that the top of my screen is completely fine but the...
  3. How to solve horizontal lines and blurry screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve horizontal lines and blurry screen?: Hello, I have this issue with my laptop for a couple of months now, I’ve had my laptop for atleast 4 years now but then my screen suddenly got very blurry and have these horizontal lines in the middle but aswell I’ve notice that the top of my screen is completely fine but the...
  4. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  5. Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines

Lifecam Studio Flicker, Horizontal Lines: Just got a Lifecam Studio camera. it has bad flicker/jitter and the horizontal lines that pop across the screen. It doesn't matter what app i use Camera, Teams, Zoom, etc.... or PC. the results are the same. So given that, it seems it really is a camera issue. Any ideas?...
  6. Horizontal grey lines on display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal grey lines on display: Hi There's are strange grey lines appearing on a computer when it is connected to a terminal server. The display on the right is from an external monitor, the one on the left ist from the Laptop. When the external display gets turned off, the lines appear on the Laptop's...
  7. Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines

Camera screen shows flickering horizontal lines: My camera screen flicking lines as seen in the pictures and here's what I know:-it happens in all applications. Camera, Discord etc..-when I lower the quality of the pictures from the settings less lines show.-sometimes the camera works just fine with no issues other times...
  8. screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering and there is horizontal and vertical line: Hai, Nabila is here. I need help to discovered my pc, I admit that I'm using old model for about 10 years ago pc.. Now i'm asking for help at my smartphone because my screen monitor have some glitches and flickering, bot some but much! it is covering my screen and i can't...
  9. Horizontal Lines - Display

Horizontal Lines - Display: Blue screen appeared stating there was probably with my PC and it needed to restart. After that happened the horizontal lines have not gone away. [ATTACH] I have: 1. Restored Windows 10 2. Updated the driver for my graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (twice) Note:...
  10. Displaying horizontal lines in LED

Displaying horizontal lines in LED: Recently my monitor LED monitor of Dell is showing small horizontal lines with background image of a previously opened window. For system check I did check up RAM and GPU card, I removed and placed them again. Problem still persisting. I disconnected the PC and attached my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. horizontal flickering lines behind cursor

2. desktop shows normal screen and partial flickering screen windows 10

3. partial flickering screen