Windows 10: Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

Discus and support Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I always keep my Acer Spin updated and on Friday Oct 23 I loaded 20H2 on my up to date device. The update seemed to go well and my device seems to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wh0dunnit, Oct 26, 2020.

1. wh0dunnit Win User

Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

I always keep my Acer Spin updated and on Friday Oct 23 I loaded 20H2 on my up to date device. The update seemed to go well and my device seems to be working properly. My issue is primarily on the Start Screen with the tiles. It has gone to Gray Scale and I can't get it back. The desk top is mostly fine. I've been all over the internet and have not found a similar situation to mine or a fix I've tried a few. I had a picture as background that displayed on Desktop and Start Screen. After the update to 20H2 the picture displayed fine on Desktop but gray on Start Screen with tiles. The tiles display a darker gray color. Live tiles still display color properly and logos have proper color. I changed my background picture to a solid color but gray scale remains on Start Screen. I put a picture back as background but the Start Screen remains a solid gray. Picture on desk top is fine but the search bar is gray as well as the information bar at the top of the screen. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

:)

wh0dunnit, Oct 26, 2020
  2. eddyq Win User

Windows 10 prints in gray scale

I'll try your suggestions in the morning. For now I just took a screenshot and my preferences page is quite different than yours:

Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update [​IMG]

eddyq, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Gray scale

How do I change my screen from gray scale to colors?

ChristinaFarris, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

Everything is gray scale.

Everything is gray scale. except the photo that appears when you first start up. I am running windows 10/64. I think this happened after the last update.

VeronicaLefebvre, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update

1. Partial Gray Scale Issue after 20H2 Update - Similar Threads - Partial Gray Scale

2. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Background partially grayed out: Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too...
  3. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background partially grayed out: Hi,Most of the background has been grayed out except a portion in the middle. Has anyone seen this before?I have gone through the settings and so far nothing has fixed the problem. I know that monitor and graphic cards can do some strange things but this seems to be too...
  4. Background partially grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with VPN after 20H2 Update: Hey,I have a very complex issue. After upgrading a particular HP model Elitebook G3 from 1909 to 20H2 the VPN Fortinet will no longer connect and appears to fail on the user certificate handshake.Now this issue does not appear on later HP models Elitebook G4 after applying...
  6. Display gray scale

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display gray scale: I restored my laptop and shortly after loading all my stuff, i was asked to make a decision about the display. I chose poorly I guess because now it is gray scale and I cant get it back to color. Any help?...
  7. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  8. GPU issues after update to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GPU issues after update to 20H2: I have an older PC, Dell Inspiron 531, with MSI GeForceGT710 installed in it, other upgrades include Toshiba SSD, 8gb Ram, upgradedPSU old one failed after 12yrs. The Toshiba SSD is partitioned in 2, for dualboot Win7/Win10. Up until recently everything was working fine, last...
  9. Windows 10 prints in gray scale

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 prints in gray scale: My Windows 10 is printing in grayscale. My wife can print to the same printer in color. If I print to PremPDF that comes out in color. But the print preview is also in grayscale. In printer preferences, grayscale is turned off. Does anyone know where to look to change that?...
  10. Windows 10 prints in gray scale

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 prints in gray scale: My Windows 10 is printing in grayscale. My wife can print to the same printer in color. If I print to PremPDF that comes out in color. But the print preview is also in grayscale. Does anyone know where to look to change that? 136439