Windows 10: Partial Physical Address Leakage in Specific Intel Processors Advisory

Discus and support Partial Physical Address Leakage in Specific Intel Processors Advisory in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00247 Advisory Category: Hardware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: LOW Original release: 06/11/2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Partial Physical Address Leakage in Specific Intel Processors Advisory

Source: INTEL-SA-00247

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2019

2. Replace AMD Processor With Intel Processor.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The AMD A4 is an AMD CPU and Intel i7 is an Intel CPU, so they neither use the same socket nor the same chipset. They are both physically and electronically incompatible. So, you may not be able to replace the AMD processor with an Intel processor.

The close to equivalent processor for Intel i7 would be AMD A10 APU because it has a way more powerful integrated graphics chip, better multi-threading support, and the mobile processor provides 4 cores where as Intel mobile processor only has 2 cores.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 32 bit Physical Address Extension

Hi,

I would like to inform that: Physical Address Extension (PAE) is a processor feature that enables x86 processors to access more than 4 GB of physical memory on capable versions of Windows. Certain 32-bit versions of Windows Server running on x86-based systems
    can use PAE to access up to 64 GB or 128 GB of physical memory, depending on the physical address size of the processor.

Windows automatically enables PAE if DEP is enabled on a computer that supports hardware-enabled DEP, or if the computer is configured for hot-add memory devices in memory ranges beyond 4 GB. If the computer does not support hardware-enabled DEP or is not
    configured for hot-add memory devices in memory ranges beyond 4 GB, PAE must be explicitly enabled.

For more information refer:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366796(v=vs.85).aspx

Also refer:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/Dn613969(v=vs.85).aspx

In answer to your question:

• PAE is supported only on the following 32-bit version of Windows
    • Yes

Hope it helps. Let us know for further assistance on PAE, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Partial Physical Address Leakage in Specific Intel Processors Advisory - Similar Threads - Partial Physical Address

2. Intel Processors Data Leakage Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Processors Data Leakage Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00329 Advisory Category: Hardware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 01/27/2020 Last revised: 01/27/2020 Summary: Potential security vulnerabilities in some Intel® Processors may allow...
  3. Intel DDIO and RDMA Partial Information Disclosure Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel DDIO and RDMA Partial Information Disclosure Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00290 Advisory Category: Hardware Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: LOW Original release: 09/10/2019 Last revised: 09/10/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in some microprocessors with Intel® Data Direct I/O...
  4. Intel Processor Identification Utility for Windows Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Processor Identification Utility for Windows Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00281 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  5. Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00272 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 08/13/2019 Last revised: 08/13/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  6. Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Vulnerability Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Vulnerability Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00268 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 07/09/2019 Last revised: 07/09/2019 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in the...
  7. Intel NUC Firmware Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00264 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: Potential security vulnerabilities in system...
  8. Intel Accelerated Storage Manager in Intel RSTe Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Accelerated Storage Manager in Intel RSTe Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00226 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 06/11/2019 Last revised: 06/11/2019 Summary: Potential security vulnerabilities in Intel® Accelerated Storage...
  9. Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP) Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00202 Advisory Category: Software Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure Severity rating: MEDIUM Original release: 12/05/2018 Last revised: 12/05/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in Intel® IPP may allow information disclosure....
  10. Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory

in Windows 10 News
    Intel NUC Firmware Security Advisory: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00176 Advisory Category: Firmware Impact of vulnerability: Escalation of Privilege, Denial of Service, Information Disclosure Severity rating: HIGH Original release: 09/11/2018 Last revised: 09/11/2018 Summary: A potential security vulnerability in...