Windows 10: Partial Screenshot Windows-Logo+Shift+S Hangs Windows 10 100% of the time

Discus and support Partial Screenshot Windows-Logo+Shift+S Hangs Windows 10 100% of the time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; WinLogo-Shift-S is Supposed to allow the screen snipping tool to take a partial screenshot. Apparently it just dims the screen to grey and waits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RookSmith, Oct 27, 2020.

1. RookSmith Win User

Partial Screenshot Windows-Logo+Shift+S Hangs Windows 10 100% of the time

WinLogo-Shift-S is Supposed to allow the screen snipping tool to take a partial screenshot. Apparently it just dims the screen to grey and waits forever for some other routine to start.

I am giving up on reporting this further, but here is my build information for future research:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.572]

c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>systeminfo

Host Name: ********************

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

OS Version: 10.0.19041 N/A Build 19041

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free

Registered Owner: ****************

Registered Organization:

Product ID: 00326-10000-00000-AA786

Original Install Date: 9/14/2020, 9:34:47 AM

System Boot Time: 10/27/2020, 11:15:27 AM

System Manufacturer: Gateway

System Model: SX2370

System Type: x64-based PC

Processors: 1 Processors Installed.

[01]: AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2200 Mhz

BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P01-A3, 11/21/2011

Windows Directory: C:\Windows

System Directory: C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device: \Device\HarddiskVolume1

System Locale: en-us;English United States

Input Locale: en-us;English United States

Time Zone: UTC-08:00 Pacific Time US & Canada

Total Physical Memory: 5,589 MB

Available Physical Memory: 3,256 MB

Virtual Memory: Max Size: 8,277 MB

Virtual Memory: Available: 5,784 MB

Virtual Memory: In Use: 2,493 MB

Page File Locations: C:\pagefile.sys

Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon Server: \\****************

Hotfixs: 7 Hotfixs Installed.

[01]: KB4578968

[02]: KB4561600

[03]: KB4570334

[04]: KB4576754

[05]: KB4577266

[06]: KB4580325

[07]: KB4579311

Network Cards: 1 NICs Installed.

[01]: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Connection Name: Ethernet

DHCP Enabled: Yes

DHCP Server: 192.168.42.1

IP addresses

[01]: 192.168.42.2

[02]: fe80::9d3:64a0:62e7:f369

Hyper-V Requirements: VM Monitor Mode Extensions: Yes

Virtualization Enabled In Firmware: Yes

Second Level Address Translation: Yes

Data Execution Prevention Available: Yes

C:\Windows\system32>

:)

RookSmith, Oct 27, 2020
  2. hooj Win User

Computer hangs on Windows Logo, help!

OK, i tried repairing using the Windows Disk and i still hang at the windows logo screen...good news is that i can get back in on safe mode. Might be a good time to back up all the stuff i need and reinstall. Although i don't want to have to do that.

3. hooj Win User
    Computer hangs on Windows Logo, help!

As title when loading my computer it freezes on the windows logo. I am using Windows XP SP2 OR maybe SP3, can't remember.*Laugh :laugh:

Now i can't get into Safe Mode because that hangs on BMLoad.sys.

4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Partial Screenshot Windows-Logo+Shift+S Hangs Windows 10 100% of the time - Similar Threads - Partial Screenshot Logo+Shift+S

2. Windows 11, windows logo + shift + s, copied box dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, windows logo + shift + s, copied box dark: Hello my friends,When I use Windows logo + Shift + S, the copied box appears dark, and when I paste it where I want to locate it, it always appears dark. This is an example:can anyone tell me how to configure Windows 11 to make the copied box have a white background?...
  3. Windows 11, windows logo + shift + s, copied box dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, windows logo + shift + s, copied box dark: Hello my friends,When I use Windows logo + Shift + S, the copied box appears dark, and when I paste it where I want to locate it, it always appears dark. This is an example:can anyone tell me how to configure Windows 11 to make the copied box have a white background?...
  4. Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.: i just updated to windows 11 and Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working. It is very important for my day to day activities. can anyone please help me out as to how i can use capture a part of my screen without having to open snipping tool app every time....
  5. Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.: i just updated to windows 11 and Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working. It is very important for my day to day activities. can anyone please help me out as to how i can use capture a part of my screen without having to open snipping tool app every time....
  6. Screenshot hotkey, Windows key + SHIFT + S, doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshot hotkey, Windows key + SHIFT + S, doesn't always work: The hotkey Windows key + SHIFT + S for taking a screenshot has worked flawlessly for a while, but recently it has started to become unreliable. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The only way for me to get it working again is to restart my PC, which obviously isn't the...
  7. How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to take a screenshot (Windows+Shift+S) with a watermark timestamp?: Hi, I need to take screenshots at work all the time (not the whole screen) and past it in a document where I put the date of the screenshot. Do you guys know any program that makes a screenshot with a shortcut (like Windows+Shift+S) and when you paste it will have a water...
  8. Win logo + Shift + S

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win logo + Shift + S: I donno why it doesnt work properly , when I use the hotkey my os doesnt save the selected area in clipboard and it locked my screen . Even using taskmanager I cant access to my desktop then I have to reset my system ....
  9. Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshots not being saved with winkey+shift+s: The "screenshots" folder is missing from the pictures folder, screenshots do not appear in quick access and the registry is missing. Software/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer - Screenshot index is missing and {B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from usershell...
  10. Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Installation hangs on Windows logo: I made a bootable USB via rufus. Restarted my PC, went into Boot Options and Booted via my bootable USB, pressed a key to boot via USB and the Windows Logo appears and then nothing happens, stays like that forever. Click on the attachment and you can see the logo and...