Windows 10: [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs?

Discus and support [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm a streamer who would like to create a gif of a 3D model in Paint 3D which will rotate in the top corner of the screen. I have been able to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by not_a_gaming_expert, Jun 29, 2020.

1. [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs?

Hi, I'm a streamer who would like to create a gif of a 3D model in Paint 3D which will rotate in the top corner of the screen. I have been able to make the gif but it comes with the horrible grey background. I'd like the background to be completely removable like when creating just an image. There does not seem to be a solution to this yet - is one planned to in a future update?

SOLUTION - my need was for streaming in streamlabs OBS and having a gif of a Sprite as an overlay on the stream. The solution is to create an image in my case 3d WITH the canvas ON, not transparent, I then made the canvas much larger than the image and coloured the whole canvas green. Then when I imported the source to SLOBS I used filters to crop the gif down to only show the green canvas plus my image, and finally used the Chroma key filter to remove the green canvas and show the stream behind it.

:)

not_a_gaming_expert, Jun 29, 2020

2. Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Suhidu Win User
    Photoshop: Creating Transparent Images

• PNG supports Alpha Transparency, that is that the image can have different levels of alpha (or opacity) throughout.
    • GIF supports transparency too, but any part of the image can only be either transparent or opaque. There is no gradual shift, no "Alpha" level to adjust. (And transparency eats into 1/256 of your available colors.)
    • JPEG supports neither form of transparency.
    Internet Explorer did not support transparency in PNGs until IE7, I believe that it would show black instead of the page behind the PNG image. It did, however, support PNGs. (Which are still a great way to achieve a non-lossy, high-color image. (even without transparency))

Suhidu, Jun 29, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

[PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs?

Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update

Do you have Transparency turned on ? Action Center\All settings\Personalization\Colors. Turn Off for solid color. See screener -

[PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

[PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs?

1. [PARTIALLY SOLVED] Truly Transparent GIFs? - Similar Threads - PARTIALLY SOLVED Truly

2. GIF Screensaver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    GIF Screensaver: Is there a possible way to put a GIF as a screensaver? submitted by /u/tonilovesgames [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0uzxu/gif_screensaver/
  3. Truly Transparent GIFs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Truly Transparent GIFs?: Hi, I'm a streamer who would like to create a gif of a 3D model in Paint 3D which will rotate in the top corner of the screen. I have been able to make the gif but it comes with the horrible grey background. I'd like the background to be completely removable like when...
  4. Paint 3d Transparency in Video mp4 and or animated gif of a 3d object

Paint 3d Transparency in Video mp4 and or animated gif of a 3d object: In Paint 3d if you try to save your 3d object as a video mp4 or animated gif, it seems impossible to have a transparent background. Yes you can select to make the canvas transparent on the canvas tab, but if you do that, then rather than the canvas showing up behind the 3d...
  5. Gif on opening???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gif on opening???: I don't know if it's windows related, but a computer in my class has been... Locked? A gif of nyan cat (not joking) is consistently on, the moment the pc is turned on. No button input does anything, but we were able to enter the bios. No windows startup screen is shown, just...
  6. Paint 3D Transparent Gif

Paint 3D Transparent Gif: Hey so I'm having some trouble making my Paint 3D Gif transparent before I export it. I've learned how to make the canvas transparent on the editor but when I export the 3D model with an animation as a GIF file, it comes with a gray background. Is this not possible? If not,...
  7. Truly virtual

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Truly virtual: Since there is nothing to virtualize right now, this is a truly virtual topic. Anyone care to theorize on how easy it will be to virtualize 9? *Smile 1801
  8. partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    partial display, horizontal lines, flicker - SOLVED: as this is solved it is for information only, mainly aimed at those who also have this 'problem' suddenly my 23" samsung 2333 display started to flicker and give a partial display of my win screen with a lot of horizontal lines. see image. although i managed to get into...
  9. I'm truly amazed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm truly amazed: I had a SSD drive running Win 10 on a AMD CPU and decided to move it to a Intel laptop. I installed it, got everything ready for a clean install and powered up the laptop. NOT what I expected. The darn thing booted up, changed some device drivers and I was good to go. I know...
  10. Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 taskbar partially/fully transparent after Creator update: Ever since I updated to the Creator update, my taskbar has been partially invisble. It doesn't impede the function at all, but it's starting to get extremely annoying. My taskbar is in auto-hide mode and has this continuous invisible strip at the bottom, like this: [img]...