Windows 10: Particular excel file causes system crash

Discus and support Particular excel file causes system crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since this morning the same file I opened last night consistently causes my entire Windows 10 system to shut down. Immediately after opening it I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RAFischer09, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Particular excel file causes system crash

Since this morning the same file I opened last night consistently causes my entire Windows 10 system to shut down. Immediately after opening it I receive a blue screen with a message saying "there was an unexpected system error". The system restarts and I can go about my business - except for opening the file.

The file is an Excel Macro file. I wrote the macro myself and it worked until last night. I tried to rename the file but the system still crashes. The file would open on my second computer. Changing it to an xlsx file on the second computer, transfering it back to my first computer and opening it there causes my first computer to crash again. Therefore I do not think it has something to do with the file ending.

Opening any other excel file does not cause a system-wide shutdown, causing me to think it is this particular file.

Any idea what this could be and more importantly, how to keep using that file on my first computer?

Thanks in advance!

:)

RAFischer09, Mar 12, 2021

2. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same

time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the

excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or

simply change to another folder. It occurs only on one of my computers and only on some excel files

It happens only with excel files and not with word or acrobat

Any suggestions where to look for the problem. We've reinstalled Office 10 and reset my windows profile. nothing helped so far.

Joel Trussell, Mar 12, 2021
  3. x509 Win User
    Word and Excel 2013 now crash when I try to print or edit-Outlook OK

Trying to print or edit in Office 2013 Word and Excel now causes the program to crash. Outlook works fine.

the following have not fixed the problem.
    1. Repair install of Office 2013
    2. Uninstall (with Revo Pro) and then full re-install
    3. Uninstall and then reinstall of the HP Laserjet printer drive.

What is my next step, short of nuking the entire Win installation and starting over (ugh!)???

4. Ernie San Win User

Particular excel file causes system crash

Random order of Excel File Listing

Hello Kitty,

There are a lot of possible causes why there's a change to the field in an Excel spreadsheet that you are experiencing. This may be due to the update of Windows 10 or corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's the license of your Excel? Are you using Office 365 for business?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What's the update that was installed on your computer?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Particular excel file causes system crash

1. Particular excel file causes system crash - Similar Threads - Particular excel file

2. Update caused system crash. Critical event 4502 no crash dump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update caused system crash. Critical event 4502 no crash dump files: presently Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.2506an attempted update yesterday caused an unrecoverable error. And of course automatic repair failed.Fortunately I was able to recover from a restore point.WhoCrashed showed crash dumps are enabled, but none recorded, nor can I see any...
  3. Update caused system crash. Critical event 4502 no crash dump files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update caused system crash. Critical event 4502 no crash dump files: presently Windows 11 Home 23H2 22631.2506an attempted update yesterday caused an unrecoverable error. And of course automatic repair failed.Fortunately I was able to recover from a restore point.WhoCrashed showed crash dumps are enabled, but none recorded, nor can I see any...
  4. Excel crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excel crashes: Also on a regular basis, the programme does not respond when coming out of the column filter. "Program not responding" etc. Eventually, after waiting a long time, it will respond. If it closed the file it says Microsoft is gathering the info. m I have had that problem for a...
  5. Excel crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excel crashes: Also on a regular basis, the programme does not respond when coming out of the column filter. "Program not responding" etc. Eventually, after waiting a long time, it will respond. If it closed the file it says Microsoft is gathering the info. m I have had that problem for a...
  6. Excel crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. File System Filter unloading EasyAntiCheat, causing game to crash.

File System Filter unloading EasyAntiCheat, causing game to crash.: File System Filter 'EasyAntiCheatSys' Version 6.1, ‎2020‎-‎11‎-‎30T14:09:20.000000000Z unloaded successfully. Event ID: 1 This is the error/information I get every time right before my game crashes. The game is Star Wars: Squadrons. The EAC loads when I start the game,...
  8. Opening Excel file causes DIR to disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Excel file causes DIR to disappear: After the last few rounds of Windows 10 Updates we are having users experiencing strange permission issues and DIR/Files disappearing and reappearing Example: I map network drives using a login script Our fileserver is Sever 2012 Our user systems are Win10 Users login...
  9. Excel Crash

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel Crash: Excel Office 2010 version crashed, when it restarted it tried to install Office 2010 Pro and I get and install error message 1310 "Writing to C\Program Filesx86\Microsoft Office\Office 14\ Excel.exe Verify that you have access to that directory." When I go to that executable...
  10. excel file causes instability in "windows explorer"

excel file causes instability in "windows explorer": When I open an excel file by double clicking on the name in windows explorer, the file opens OK but at the same time, the explorer file list jumps up and down as it lists and de-lists the excel temp file. It is very distracting. I can close the explorer window or simply...