Windows 10: Particular file won't pin

Discus and support Particular file won't pin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10 and have Excell 2019 pinned to the taskbar. When I right-click its icon, I can see 7 files Pinned and 5 Recent. 4 of the Recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rich&rd, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rich&rd Win User

Particular file won't pin

I'm using Win 10 and have Excell 2019 pinned to the taskbar. When I right-click its icon, I can see 7 files Pinned and 5 Recent. 4 of the Recent items will pin/unpin to the list but the fifth one will not - when I click on the pin, it just flickers then stays as it was..

How can I get this file to pin, like the others? I have had it pinned in the past.

Thanks

Richard

:)

Rich&rd, Sep 29, 2020
  2. bwg010 Win User

pin file to xls icon on taskbar

since updating to the anniversary update for Win 10, the jump list on my xls icon in the task bar will not pin a particular file.

It used to work pre the update.

Other files pin ok, but this particular one pins, but disappears after a shutdown.

The files that work are on the PC in documents.

The one that wont hold the pin is in OneDrive.

As I said, it didn't use to be a problem -- but doesn't want to stay pinned now.

Any suggestions.

Windows 10 with Office 365 (subscription so should be up to date).

bwg010, Sep 29, 2020
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

Thema:

1. Particular file won't pin - Similar Threads - Particular file won't

2. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching for a particular file: Hi all, I'm reorganizing some files on my computer, and as a result need to find a couple of files. I thought they were in a particular location, but I can't seem to find them, nor can I find them in any of the other places I would think they might be. How can I use Windows...
  3. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching for a particular file: Hi all, I'm reorganizing some files on my computer, and as a result need to find a couple of files. I thought they were in a particular location, but I can't seem to find them, nor can I find them in any of the other places I would think they might be. How can I use Windows...
  4. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin Won't Set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Won't Set: hi! i've been stumped with this issue for a while but for some reason my computer has recently removed my pin for no reason - i'm not sure what caused it to do so, but now every time i attempt to log into my windows account it doesn't allow me to do so unless i receive a code...
  6. Pin Won't Set

Pin Won't Set: hi! i've been stumped with this issue for a while but for some reason my computer has recently removed my pin for no reason - i'm not sure what caused it to do so, but now every time i attempt to log into my windows account it doesn't allow me to do so unless i receive a code...
  7. Shortcut or batch file for particular Services.msc actions?

Shortcut or batch file for particular Services.msc actions?: I'm a long-time Windows user who likes assigning keyboard hotkeys to shortcuts for lots of things. However, I find that the hotkeys often don't work. It's all or none; they all work, or none of them.Some googling and experimentation show that the issue is with the Human...
  8. Particular folder in onedrive won't sync

Particular folder in onedrive won't sync: I have selected make all folders available under choose folders. However, I have this one particular folder that just won't sync I've tried turning sync on and off, pausing and restarting, restarting onedrive, unselecting make all folders available and then reselecting...
  9. Download a file to a particular drive

Download a file to a particular drive: I usually d/l on my data disk, drive H. Recently, for some reason I cannot now. I using Utorrent. When I do, an error shows up: "Error: The system cannot find the path specified WriteToDisk." Excuse me??? I have enough space on my drive. I am forced to use another drive,...
  10. Can't pin a particular program to the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't pin a particular program to the Start Menu: For some reason, I cannot pin Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword to my Start menu. I am 100% sure that it is not already pinned, and I even tried making a shortcut to the executable and pinning that, but it didn't work either. The location of the file is C:\Program Files...