Windows 10: Partition advice please

Discus and support Partition advice please in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Sometime next week I'm getting a new computer it has a 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD I assume the SSD will be the one with Windows installed So my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MrAngelus, Dec 18, 2020.

1. MrAngelus Win User

Partition advice please

Hi

Sometime next week I'm getting a new computer it has a 1TB HDD + 480GB SSD

I assume the SSD will be the one with Windows installed

So my question is how big does a windows partition need to be to future proof for updates and such

:)

MrAngelus, Dec 18, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 18, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Partition advice please

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Partition advice please partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Partition advice please

1. Partition advice please - Similar Threads - Partition advice please

2. Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD: Hello, I've read the Basic and Dynamic notes from MS here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...DN#basic_disks and this is what I'd like to achieve - I think. Screenshot of MS MBR layout [img] But I've made a mistake in my installing win10 to a brand new SSD, in that I...
  3. I need some advice please

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I need some advice please: I'm shopping for a new laptop and I wonder if it's a good to pay extra the nvidia rtx 2070 instead of nvidia gtx 1650 ti? Thank you I would appreciate you opinion win 19042. 630 170618
  4. PCIe SATA advice required please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIe SATA advice required please: I've hit the limit of 6TB drives with my motherboard although no mention of it in the manual and zero response from the manufacturer. So I need a PCIe card which will enable a couple of SATA 8TB drives - no RAID. Have tried one today and apparently that had a 4TB limit...
  5. Surface Pro 4 - Accidentally deleted recovrry partition Advice please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Pro 4 - Accidentally deleted recovrry partition Advice please: Hi all today I formatted my Surface Pro 4 ready to be sold but not being a regular Windows user I accidentally seem to have deleted the partition with the recovery software in which future owners will need to recover the laptop if any future issues occur. If possible how can...
  6. Advice Please on Clean Install of W10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice Please on Clean Install of W10: Hello All, my first forum post. The time is fast approaching when I will upgrade from W7 to W10. My W7 Pro is a legitimate copy. I want to do a clean instal rather than the 'upgrade. Currently I have 3 SSDs - SSD1 is W7 OS only, the remaining 2 SSDs contain various personal...
  7. help please, need advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...
  8. Need AV Advice please?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need AV Advice please?: Hello *Smile I am new to MS Windows, came from Linux and MacOS background. What is a FREE Anti-Virus program I can run on Windows 10 that is popular and reliable and credible? Thank you *Smile 25929
  9. Need advice on partitioning W10 & recovering W8.1.

Need advice on partitioning W10 & recovering W8.1.: When I did a free upgrade from W8.1 to W10 the upgrade was corrupted, inasmuch as several default apps were missing, etc. I was in contact with MS on 4 occasions, 3 of them remotely operated my laptop, they attempted troubleshooting, scans, etc., but couldn't solve the...
  10. Clean install advice please

Clean install advice please: I upgraded my laptops a few weeks ago and, today, I've upgraded my Desktop PC. Before I start adding the programs I need, I'm wondering about doing a clean install rather than waiting for weeks and starting all over again. My main concern is that when I installed Windows...