Windows 10: Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management

Discus and support Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I just noticed that a new partition "Local Disk E:" appeared in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I did not create it, so I opened Disk Management, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ja_Mo, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Ja_Mo Win User

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management

Hi,

I just noticed that a new partition "Local Disk E:" appeared in File Explorer:

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management c9e5f4a4-0966-4012-9027-7037660a7e76?upload=true.png

I did not create it, so I opened Disk Management, but it does not show up there:

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management ec777097-4f5e-40ee-9e18-baab4103a8b4?upload=true.png

According to the properties of the partition, it is formatted as FAT32.

Does anyone know what is going on there?

Thank you

:)

Ja_Mo, Jun 16, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management

Disk showing in Disk Management, But not DiskPart

Hello!

So, today I was doing a friend a favor, he had an old 1TB hard drive with important photos on it. He said he would appreciate it if I could move the photos to a different hard drive.

So, I hooked it up to my self-built PC (with a SATA port) and it didn't show up in file explorer.

So, I checked Disk Management to see if it would show up there, and it did. I later realized why it didn't show up in file explorer (Because it didn't have a drive letter). In Disk Management, I right clicked the primary partition only to find that it wouldn't
    let me assign a drive letter.

I remembered there was another way to assign drive letters, with DiskPart. So I typed this into Command Prompt:

diskpart > list volume

In DiskPart, It showed the drive's EFI system partition (partition 1) but not the (Healthy) Primary Partition (partition 2).

Also in DiskPart, I could type "list disk" and it would show me the 1TB drive, if I then typed "list partition" it would show me the different partitions, but wouldn't let me assign a drive letter to them.

In summary, Disk Management showed the partition, but wouldn't assign a drive letter. DiskPart showed the partition 1, but not the primary partition.

My objective is to show the photos located on the 1TB drive's 2nd partition without erasing it.

I would be happy to add pictures if necessary.

Thanks!

John-Louis Barton, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management

1. Partition appeared in File Explorer, does not show up in Disk Management - Similar Threads - Partition appeared File

2. SSD isnt showing up on file explorer but is showing up on disk manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD isnt showing up on file explorer but is showing up on disk manager: I bought an SSD and installed it today to use as my new main storage device while keeping my current hdd. I initialized it on the disk manager and gave it a letter and everything, but it won't show up on file explorer. It shows that there's 356mb used on it despite me not...
  3. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  4. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  5. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  7. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer: So I was running Windows 11 for a long time, then suddenly I started getting a blue screen error. So I ran a clean installation of Windows 10. After this, the blue screen error stopped but I couldn't upgrade to Windows 11, it gives an error message but unfortunately I didn't...
  8. SSD Partition not showing in Disk Management/File Explorer

9. Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.

Disk partition not showing up in File Explorer, yet shows up in Disk Management.: Hi there, Today I have created a new partition on my disk so that I could store specific files on it in order to keep things clean. Somehow after creating it, immediately after formatting the new partition to NTFS the newly created one showed up in file explorer as it should...
  10. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...