Windows 10: Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

Discus and support Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Faithlessaint, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

Greetings,

Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened because the battery was low.

Since them, when I turn on the PC, what I see is this screen:

Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown [​IMG]

This is not the first time that I see this screen in this device. I used to fix this problem by going to the Boot Option #1 in the bios and choosing theWindows Boot Manager. However, that option disappeared from the list of options in Boot Option #1, as you can see in the picture bellow:

I tried to fix this problem by using the prompt command from a recently created Windows 10 installation media USB, typing the following commands:

However, as you can see in the photo above, the Disk 0 which is the 120 Gb SDD from this device has free space equal to it's full size and no partition on it, which leads me to the conclusion that something happened to the partition that existed here before the locking blue screen.

That said, is it possible to recover the partition without losing data? If so, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Faithlessaint, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Jun 9, 2020
  3. little cat, Jun 9, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown

1. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown - Similar Threads - Partition disappeared locking

2. Partitions appear and disappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitions appear and disappear: Hey, there. The story begins with the desire to upgrade the initial hdd samsung 500gb quite old, but having no problems with it. Starting from here I got a 120gb ssd to put the win on and a 1tb barakuda seagate. All well and beautiful, I installed them, I installed the win...
  3. SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash

SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash: I have 3 SSD. A Samsung EVO 480, EVO 860 and EVO 870, All connected per SATA cable. This problem only affects the 860 and 870 which are V-Nand.The 870 was brand new and instantly had the same problem as the 860 already was having.The problem:Sometimes when I start my PC this...
  4. SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash: I have 3 SSD. A Samsung EVO 480, EVO 860 and EVO 870, All connected per SATA cable. This problem only affects the 860 and 870 which are V-Nand.The 870 was brand new and instantly had the same problem as the 860 already was having.The problem:Sometimes when I start my PC this...
  5. SSD disappears after standby/shutdown/crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition disappeared after CHKDSK: I have 3 HDDs and have each formatted with 2 partitions: OS and data, 500 GB in each partition. I wanted to increase the size of the data partition by 300 GB for one of the HDDs something I have done before with no trouble. I decreased the size of the OS partition which as...
  7. Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown. How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Partition disappeared after "locking" shutdown. How to fix it?: [ATTACH] Greetings, Some few days ago, my Windows 10 Tablet/PC suddenly displayed a "locking" blue screen and shut down right after. I believe this happened because the battery was low. Since them, when I turn on the PC, what I an EFI boot screen. This is not the first...
  8. Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown

Primary SSD disappears after sleep or shutdown: Hello After sleep or shutdown my SSD with the system on it disappears. Even in the bios i only see the secondary HD. Only after couple of resets it appears again in the bios and i moving it to be the first boot option. In device manager i don't have issues. I restored the...
  9. Partition Merged and disappeared !?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partition Merged and disappeared !?: I had a secondary drive that I had partitioned into 2 drives E&G . Out of the blue it merged into 1 the E and the G is completely gone. I had all of my daughters baby videos on there and I'm freaking out. I tried using Easus data recovery and it's not recovering any of the...
  10. Drive/partition disappears

Drive/partition disappears: Sorry if this has been covered... I searched and found "similar" issues but couldnt find an exact solution so here I am. Setup - 2tb sata drive partitioned into C:\ (750gb) (for os / basic applications) F:\ (remainder of space 1.25tb~ for main apps\file storage) Upon...