Windows 10: partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

Discus and support partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear microsoft , i installed norton partition magic 8 ,and it showed error in the disk and i applied the fix for it , after that my main partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ahmed afifi 86, Jan 16, 2019.

1. partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

Dear microsoft ,

i installed norton partition magic 8 ,and it showed error in the disk and i applied the fix for it ,

after that my main partition disappeared from explorer ,

it stills exists in disk management but i can not assign a new letter for it ,-error disk management is not up to date -

and it does not appears in cmd .

please help me with a way for assigning a new letter to the partition without deleting it because it contains important data for me .

thank you and best regards .

:)

ahmed afifi 86, Jan 16, 2019

2. partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

Dear microsoft ,

i installed norton partition magic 8 ,and it showed error in the disk and i applied the fix for it ,

after that my main partition disappeared from explorer ,

it stills exists in disk management but i can not assign a new letter for it ,-error disk management is not up to date -

and it does not appears in cmd .

please help me with a way for assigning a new letter to the partition without deleting it because it contains important data for me .

thank you and best regards .

ahmed afifi 86, Jan 10, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

Hi Pradeep

Okay, we will try this the old fashioned way . . .

Close Disk Management and File Explorer, if they are open . . .

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting dialog, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Run this command and hit Enter:

diskpart

list volume

Note down the volume number of that partition (please make sure you have the correct partition)

Run this command and hit Enter (replace x with the correct volume number)

select volume x

assign letter=H

Close Command Prompt

Check in Disk Management if that letter has been assigned . . .

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10

Hi ahmed

Uninstall Norton partition magic 8 and restart your PC

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

diskpart

list volume

Run this command and hit Enter (replace x with the appropriate volume number for that partition):

select volume x

Run this command and hit Enter (replace x with appropriate drive letter)

assign letter=x

Close Command Prompt

Check if you can see that new drive in File Explorer . . .

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. partition disappeared and disk management error for assigning new letter windows 10 - Similar Threads - partition disappeared disk

2. Partition drive letter disappears!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition drive letter disappears!: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I created a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, or after waking up the drive letter simply disappears, the partition name is there but not the letter. The partition is fine, I have to reassign...
  3. Partition drive letter disappears!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partition drive letter disappears!: I have a new laptop with Windows 11 installed. I created a partition and assigned it the drive letter Z. Sometimes after rebooting, or after waking up the drive letter simply disappears, the partition name is there but not the letter. The partition is fine, I have to reassign...
  4. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters: HiMy PC has a 250GB SSD as the boot drive and I regularly back up to external USB3 drive using Macrium Backup.I also have a 320GB drive in the PC which I do a scheduled 'Disk Clone', again using Macrium.The issue I have is that after Macrium has cloned the boot drive Disk...
  5. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters: HiMy PC has a 250GB SSD as the boot drive and I regularly back up to external USB3 drive using Macrium Backup.I also have a 320GB drive in the PC which I do a scheduled 'Disk Clone', again using Macrium.The issue I have is that after Macrium has cloned the boot drive Disk...
  6. How Stop Disk Management Win10 Assigning Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 10 - disk management - attach VHD doesn't assign drive letter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - disk management - attach VHD doesn't assign drive letter: After doing a system image backup to another drive, I tried using disk manager to attach the .vhdx image file with read only checked, and it appears to attach the image, but no drive letter is assigned. What am I missing here?...
  8. Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.: Basically, I've tried cloning my windows to a bigger drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant following jayz2cents' video but I think I messed it up because my EFI partitions showed up in File Explorer. I've tried a couple of solutions online like command prompt to remove...
  9. Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't assign a letter for drive in Windows Disk Manager: I have a drive which have three partitions one unallocated, I want to change the letter of a partition. I can't change the drive letter.. i tried many software but I can't. Please help Thanks in advance. Here is the Image >> [ATTACH]...
  10. Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable To Assign Letter To Disk Partition In Disk Management: Hi, I Have An External Hard Disk and For Some Reason One Of Its Partitions Did Not Show Up In The Explorer So I Researched And Found Out That It Was Because There Was No Letter Assigned To It. I Opened Up Disk Management And Tried To Assign A Letter To It But There was An...