Windows 10: Partition editor for windows 10

Discus and support Partition editor for windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I edit partitions in windows 10? I got a USB to sata thing but I cannot see the drive via windows explorer. Also I think there might be a hidden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Miss Bad Wolf, May 24, 2017.

1. Partition editor for windows 10

How do I edit partitions in windows 10? I got a USB to sata thing but I cannot see the drive via windows explorer. Also I think there might be a hidden restore partition that can restore the computer to factory settings but I cannot find it at the moment.

:)

Miss Bad Wolf, May 24, 2017
  2. mgreen10 Win User

SHRINK C VOLUME TO SMALLER CAPACITY

I have the same issue. I have a brand new HP Envy 17t laptop and have put no files or apps on it. I tried to use Disk Management to shrink the C: system volume but it would only allow 50% shrink. I moved the pagefile.sys and swapfile.sys to another physical
    drive, E:, but this made no difference. I can still only shrink the C: volume to 50%.

Perhaps the only solution is to use a third-party partition editor like easeus or mini Partition Editor.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks!

mgreen10, May 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 clean install stuck with no hard drive activity

Thanks for the advice.

I am unable to boot the previous version of Windows.

The story is, I was running Windows 8.1 and successfully upgraded to Windows 10, so I know my hardware & previous OS supports 10. After upgrading, I tried to do a reset, both through the "refresh your pc" menu and through a recovery disk. This
    didn't work.

I have tried to do a clean install from a Windows 10 installation usb, but it crashes on the first reboot.

I wonder if my partition table is corrupt (and what that would mean?). I booted to a linux live cd and ran a partition editor to see what was going on there. It tells me my GPT is corrupt, but that it should work anyway.

Any ideas?

Lukeallister, May 24, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Partition editor for windows 10

Samuria, May 24, 2017
  5. Trying to get minitool free to see if that is what I want so thank you

Miss Bad Wolf, May 24, 2017
  6. TV2
    TV2 Win User
    Have you tried Windows Disk Management?

7. I could not find the mystery hidden partition.

Miss Bad Wolf, May 25, 2017
  8. cereberus Win User

I doubt the issue is due to hidden partitions.

Run this from admin command prompt and post image

diskpart

list disk

list volume

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Partition editor for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Partition editor

2. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  3. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?: My laptop persistently fails to install an update as below: My research points to this being a problem with recovery partition. Investigating this I see I have two:So I can see that partition 5 is not in use and is a whopping 16 GB in size, but I am also puzzled that the...
  4. Failure to apply update due to recovery partition issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  6. There are 2 recovery environment partitions.

There are 2 recovery environment partitions.: There is usually only one recovery environment partition but I have two. One is about 500 MB and the other is a gigabyte. I remember running the AOMEI partition wizard because I had to move files on my C: to create a partition, and I think that is what created the new...
  7. how to restrict access to "format and create disk partitions" via registry editor or some...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to restrict access to "format and create disk partitions" via registry editor or some...: i want to restrict access as this allows me to delete or format the drive which has my OS installed in it i don't know if there is any way to make a drive unformattable or undeletable...
  8. how to restrict access to "format and create disk partitions" via registry editor or some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to restrict access to "format and create disk partitions" via registry editor or some...: i want to restrict access as this allows me to delete or format the drive which has my OS installed in it i don't know if there is any way to make a drive unformattable or undeletable...
  9. how to restrict access to "format and create disk partitions" via registry editor or some...

10. QUESTION: NIUBI Partition Editor PE ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    QUESTION: NIUBI Partition Editor PE ?: Hello Power Users: Has anyone experience with NIUBI Partition Editor Professional Edition? I have already carefully reviewed: - Macrium Reflect 7 - EaseUS - Aomei - MiniTool Partition Wizard - Shawdow Protect - Paragon Google searches only result...