Windows 10: Partition error on reinstalling windows

Discus and support Partition error on reinstalling windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I had an issue with laptop hardware last year and the computer guy fixed it. However, he also reinstalled windows on top of my original... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nAyAb aMjAd, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Partition error on reinstalling windows

Hello,I had an issue with laptop hardware last year and the computer guy fixed it. However, he also reinstalled windows on top of my original installation through some cracking method. Now this year, the laptop kept crashing and many features such as Zoom camera do not function despite the fact that all drivers are up to date.I downloaded windows 10 into my flash drive and reinstalled. I deleted all partitions to create new partitions. However, when I click on create new partition, it gives error. I proceeded anyways without any partition so now there is no partition. But the old problem

:)

nAyAb aMjAd, Jun 18, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 18, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Deleting or Formatting a Partition

Once you are able to reinstall windows please indicate the steps that you made to clean the drive and install Windows 10. The steps that are usual are in post #8 and essembe displayed them in post #20. Did they fail again? If you try diskpart again let us know the fail error. Were you able to use the steps that Kyhi listed?

zbook, Jun 18, 2021
  4. Partition error on reinstalling windows

Anthony Gal, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Partition error on reinstalling windows

1. Partition error on reinstalling windows - Similar Threads - Partition error reinstalling

2. Reinstalling Windows 11 Partition Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 11 Partition Troubleshooting: So I'm trying to reinstall Windows 11 to hopefully fix an issue I'm having with hardware acceleration. I got in contact with my manufacturer Dell who gave me an informative video on how to do it. I created the installation media on a USB but when I attempted to install it...
  3. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partitions when reinstalling: Helping a friend,Gone through all the repair and scans, having to re-install windows.When I go to partitions there seems to be about 6?The one I picked right or wrong and it warned me was the primary petition.One is a recovery, or 2.Can the others be cleaned off. Why so...
  4. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitions when reinstalling: Helping a friend,Gone through all the repair and scans, having to re-install windows.When I go to partitions there seems to be about 6?The one I picked right or wrong and it warned me was the primary petition.One is a recovery, or 2.Can the others be cleaned off. Why so...
  5. Partitions when reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. help with partitions when reinstalling windows

help with partitions when reinstalling windows: Hello- I am currently attempting to upgrade my windows 10 pro x32 to a windows 10 pro x64 via usb, and I have got to the partitions screen and I have absolutely no idea as to what to do. I have three partitions- Drive 0 Partition 1 System Reserved total space 100.0MB free...
  7. Cannot Reinstall Windows on GPT Partition

Cannot Reinstall Windows on GPT Partition: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on a partitioned hard drive. The hard drive has 8 partitions - I only care about the 1 partition that has my data on and I don't want to lose it during the install. Other partitions are where I had Windows originally installed, system recovery,...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition

Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition: I currently have a 500GB SSD with windows 10 on and programs, games and such but I also have a 4TB HDD for larger games and other stuff. What I want to do is uninstall everything on my SSD and make a partition just to put windows on and have the other part for games and...
  9. Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions

Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions: Reinstall Windows – Deleting Partitions I reinstalled an online Windows 10 and first deleted all old partitions in the process. As I have been told, when I first purchased my PC, there is a partition on it that includes the factory version of Windows to use if required....
  10. Reinstall and partitions question

Reinstall and partitions question: I'm wanting to reinstall Windows 10 on my SSD. Before I do I'll unplug the additional drives I have inside my PC for storage (E: onwards), to isolate the SSD. However, C: (disk1 in the screenshot below) has several partitions and unlabelled volumes that I'm guessing Windows...