Windows 10: Partition error when installing windows in SSD

Discus and support Partition error when installing windows in SSD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; No windows installedMy laptop has 120gb Ssd trying to clean install in it. I got error every time we "couldn't create a new partition or locate an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikhil Mishra1, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Partition error when installing windows in SSD

No windows installedMy laptop has 120gb Ssd trying to clean install in it. I got error every time we "couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".installing windows in SSD inserted inside in Hdd slot.I'm installing windows from usb.... & Caddy carrying a hdd not ssd.i tried todiskpart- select disk 0- clean- convert to mbrProcess failed again with same errorAlso tried Method 2Diskpart- select disk 0- clean- create partition primary size=102900- format fs=ntfs- assign- activeThen start install process again, got same error "couldn't create a new partion or locate an existing o

:)

Nikhil Mishra1, Sep 26, 2022
  2. Carsomyr Win User

Partition SSD during windows 10 install

I'm assembling a new PC and running a fresh windows 10 install. I'd like to know how to partition the ssd into 2 separate partitions during the windows install (I'm using a bootable usb drive to install Windows).

I want to know if I need to input specific settings for those partitions or if it's all automatic?

I need one partition for Windows on and another for my documents. The ssd has 960gb size.

So I'm guessing it has about 60gb over-provisionning. I could leave out a bit more, but it probably doesn't matter that much

Carsomyr, Sep 26, 2022
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Partition error when installing windows in SSD

Installing Windows Vista/7 on a GUID Partition Table

Dear FordGT,

First of all, thank you very much for your very useful (and imho, most recommended) tip on installing Windows 7 on a GPT hard disk, which has enabled me to install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my brand-new Samsung Series 5 NP550P5C laptop (only a few weeks old, coming up to its one-month anniversary) which has an UEFI BIOS, after wiping its slow 1 Tb 5,400 rpm hard disk (will replace it with a SSD sometime in the future) clean of SamCrap bloatware and performing a clean Win7 install.

Now, I think I may have an interesting question for you.

I am thinking of assembling a mini-ITX pc with Intel quad-core i7-3770K and GTX660Ti 2 Gb sometime in the near future (when funds permit).

I am thinking of putting a 2 Tb 7,200 rpm hard disk and a 240 Gb SSD together, and using the SSD to cache the two 1 Tb partitions (after setting up the 102 Mb EFI system partition and the 32 Mb Microsoft Reserved partition and partitioning the remainder into two equal-size partitions of slightly under 1 Tb each) using Intel Smart Response Technology.

On the SSD, I intend to create the following partitions:- a 102 Mb partition to cache the EFI system partition, a 32 Mb partition to cache the Microsoft Reserved partition, a 64 Gb partition to cache the < 1 Tb drive C (coz Intel Smart Response Techology only allows a maximum of 64 Gb), another 64 Gb partition to cache the < 1 Tb drive D, a 16 Gb partition to copy the system RAM to SSD using Intel Rapid Start Technology when putting the computer to sleep (in S3/S4 mode) and the remaining 95/96 Gb partition (I have done the sums) as a normal hard disk for stuff that requires speedy access, for games like Sims 3 which requires a lot of disk accessing.

My question is this:-

Is what I am proposing above feasible or not ?

Would it be possible to use the partitions on the SSD and Intel Smart Response Technology to cache the EFI System partition and the Microsoft Reserved partitions ?

Would Intel Smart Response Technology be able to recognise both the EFI system partition and the Microsoft Reserved partitions, in addition to the two < 1 Tb partitions (drives C and D) ?

Thanks in advance.

TAG

The Aussie Genius, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Partition error when installing windows in SSD

1. Partition error when installing windows in SSD - Similar Threads - Partition error installing

2. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD: I want to install Windows 10 from a flash drive on a new partition in an SSD with 2 partitions, where the other partition contains data that I use.But I'm can't click next as I received this error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more...
  3. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD: I want to install Windows 10 from a flash drive on a new partition in an SSD with 2 partitions, where the other partition contains data that I use.But I'm can't click next as I received this error: "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. For more...
  4. Error when installing Windows 10 during Windows Setup on a newly created partition of an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Partition error when installing windows in SSD

Partition error when installing windows in SSD: No windows installedMy laptop has 120gb Ssd trying to clean install in it. I got error every time we "couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".installing windows in SSD inserted inside in Hdd slot.I'm installing windows from usb.... & Caddy carrying a hdd...
  6. Partition error when installing windows in SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Partition error when installing windows in SSD: No windows installedMy laptop has 120gb Ssd trying to clean install in it. I got error every time we "couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one".installing windows in SSD inserted inside in Hdd slot.I'm installing windows from usb.... & Caddy carrying a hdd...
  7. Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Installation size on SSD partition: I have a 256GB SSD divided into 2 partitions. One is for Win 10. My Win 10 is in a 65GB partition but only uses 35GB at any one time. Can I shrink that partition down and if so, by how much? Thanks! 174919
  8. RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD

RE Partition on HDD. Windows installed on SSD: My Son has just bought a pre-owned PC with an SSD and HDD. The PC was in an unknown state so I performed a clean Win 10 install on the SSD before looking at the HDD. It looks to me as if the previous owner had upgraded the PC from an HDD only to one that would boot off the...
  9. New SSD install partition help.

New SSD install partition help.: Hello. I am installing a new ssd and I need help with the partitions. I purchased a WD Black SN750 1tb. I installed it in my laptop (Alienware M15). I downloaded the windows 10 disc image iso file on a USB. I am in windows setup and I selected custom install and I'm on the...
  10. Windows Installation Error; Will not install on Partition

Windows Installation Error; Will not install on Partition: Hey there, I am trying to install Windows 10 10130 onto my laptop's blank partition that is 400 GB. Upon installing I noticed it gives me an error that says "We couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one." I'm not sure what this means, as I have repeatedly...