Windows 10: Partition error?

Discus and support Partition error? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I normally backup to an external usb hard drive using Macrium without any problem. Now I cannot anymore and get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Curious, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Curious Win User

Partition error?

Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I normally backup to an external usb hard drive using Macrium without any problem. Now I cannot anymore and get an error telling me 'partition 1' is invalid. I have no idea what partition 1 is or how it came to be created. I get the same error even if I do not include 'partition 1' in the backup. I am including relevant screenshots. Can I delete 'partition 1'? What should I do? Thank you.

:)

Curious, Oct 22, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Anthony Gal, Oct 22, 2019
  4. jimlau Win User

Partition error?

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Partition error?

1. Partition error? - Similar Threads - Partition error

2. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  3. We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    We couldn’t update system reserved partition” error installing Windows: Hi, I tried following the windows support article (for MBR) to try and resolve the above issue so that updates to 1903 could be applied. At step 10 you are instructed to backup permission to the srp drive and ensure all files are shown as successful and none are failed. When...
  4. Error: We couldn’t update system reserved partition, when trying to update Windows 10

Error: We couldn’t update system reserved partition, when trying to update Windows 10: I have tried to install Windows 10 Pro over Windows 7 Pro but I get an error message that it cannot update the system reserved partition. It is a 64 bit laptop and a 64 bit copy of Windows. Any suggestions? Thanks, TeresaHaight ***Original title: Windows 10 Pro...
  5. Partition error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partition error?: Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I normally backup to an external usb hard drive using Macrium without any problem. Now I cannot anymore and get an error telling me 'partition 1' is invalid. I have no idea what partition 1 is or how it came to be created. I get the same error...
  6. Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition."

Error Message: THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition.": When I try to "update" my Windows 10 OS, I get the following error message, THIS PC CAN'T RUN WINDOWS 10: "We could update the system reserved partition." However, my PC is indeed NOW running Windows 10, Pro Version 1803, OS Build 17134.885. What can I do about this? MY...
  7. Bad_pool_caller Error after Expanding disk partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad_pool_caller Error after Expanding disk partition: After deleting another OS that was dual booted and installed on a partition I expanded my C drive. Now i constantly get the BAD_POOL_CALLER stop code. 5 minutes after restarting It blue screens. Does not stay on long enough for me to be able do anything. What should I do...
  8. Hard Disk Partition Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Disk Partition Error: Hai, After Update from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I can't Partition my C Drive, which is the only drive i have. I can the make shrinking but can't assign the allocated space to any other drive, when i try to make it, it gives the error message as follows, [ATTACH]After this ,...
  9. MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.

MBR2GPT fails with error - Cannot find room for the EFI system partition.: Hi, Would love to get some help I'm trying to install the new Win10 update but then I get this error: "windows can't be installed because this pc has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware" Afterward I run MBR2GPT run it in WINPE but I get this error: "cannot find...
  10. cannot update windows software anymore, giving me a partition error, how do I fix?

cannot update windows software anymore, giving me a partition error, how do I fix?: I get this message https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-update-windows-software-anymore-giving-me-a/cb600259-f8d7-4aa6-8554-b360a14cd44e