Windows 10: Partition error?

Discus and support Partition error? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I normally backup to an external usb hard drive using Macrium without any problem. Now I cannot anymore and get an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Curious, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Curious Win User

Partition error?

Windows 10 Home, version 1903. I normally backup to an external usb hard drive using Macrium without any problem. Now I cannot anymore and get an error telling me 'partition 1' is invalid. I have no idea what partition 1 is or how it came to be created. I get the same error even if I do not include 'partition 1' in the backup. I am including relevant screenshots. Can I delete 'partition 1'? What should I do? Thank you.

:)

Curious, Oct 22, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Anthony Gal, Oct 22, 2019
  4. jimlau Win User

Partition error?

Reserved Partition Error - Fix Doesn't Work

When I registered my Windows 10 and went for updates, I got the stated error message (couldn't update the system reserve partition). On Microsoft's site, they list the steps you need to take to rectify the error. I was simply trying to follow the instructions.

Apparently, I have insufficient space on the System Reserved partition.

jimlau, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Partition error?

1. Partition error? - Similar Threads - Partition error

2. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  3. "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We couldn't update the system reserved partition" error when trying to run in-place...: Hi,I need help,please.. I'm currently using Windows 11 but I keep getting BSOD crashes when turning on my computer. I tried all the solutions to troubleshoot this but I still couldn't figure out what's causing all these crashes. So today, I decided I'll reinstall Windows 11,...
  4. 0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10: Hello.Trying to get the 22H2 KB5034441 update on Windows 10 I get the error code 0x80070643.I found documentation with instructions to increase at least 250 MB the size of the recovery partition to fix this problem.The recover partition has already 499 MB.Should I increase...
  5. 0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10

0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10: Hello.Trying to get the 22H2 KB5034441 update on Windows 10 I get the error code 0x80070643.I found documentation with instructions to increase at least 250 MB the size of the recovery partition to fix this problem.The recover partition has already 499 MB.Should I increase...
  6. 0x80070643 error having 499 MB recovery partition on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  8. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...: Hello friends, I have a problem that I could not solve.I encountered this problem while changing Windows. I saw solutions that clean the disk, but I have important information on the disk.I have a disk, which contains several partitions. And I already deleted partition 3...
  9. i get error , "The Selected dis has an MBR partition table. windows can only be installed...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error installing update, but claimed answer recovery partition <250MB isn't true for me...: Found this that looked like it applied...https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-error0x80070643/e6473fa4-f2d4-42c3-b4be-266b43454306"... The 2024-01 Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 will not install...