Windows 10: Partition help

Discus and support Partition help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 3 partitions. One is system reserved NTFS(system,Active, Primary partition), next is C: NTFS (boot, page file, crash dump, primary partition)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JULIEBOYCE5, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Partition help

I have 3 partitions. One is system reserved NTFS(system,Active, Primary partition), next is C: NTFS (boot, page file, crash dump, primary partition) last unallocated. It seems to be wrong. Can someone tell me what should be where and how to do it? Help is really appreciated.

:)

JULIEBOYCE5, Sep 24, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 24, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Help With Partition Management

If you really want your Windows to look like as if you do a fresh install and without losing what you currently have in C: Drive. Here's my suggestion:
    1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using Macrium Reflect Free . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.

Once finish, you should end up with the partition scheme as follows:
    1. Recovery partition - 450MB
    2. EFI System partition - 100MB
    3. MSR Reserved partition - 16MB (Hidden from Disk Management but seen by Macrium or diskpart)
    4. Your old Windows C: Drive with all the installed software.

Screen shot: Click once on #1 (C: Drive), click "Delete Existing Partition" on #2, Click & Drag #3 and drop to #1. Click Next->Finish

Partition help [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Partition help

Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Partition help partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Partition help

1. Partition help - Similar Threads - Partition help

2. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  3. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!: After following instructions from KB5028997: Instructions to manually resize your partition to install the WinRE update - Microsoft Support my new partition is the exact same size and wont use the new 500mb I've freed up for the recovery partition. So 530MB is the original...
  4. Need help reformatting Windows recovery partition that wont detect new space!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Help, reinstalling Windows 11 on Dell dual drive desktop with multiple partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, reinstalling Windows 11 on Dell dual drive desktop with multiple partitions: Hi, I've been having problems with my Dell dual drive desktop. I've already done a reset and the freezing still continues and now more frequently. I'm now at the point where I'm going to try to do a clean install. I've already created the USB bootable file, it's in PC and...
  6. Help, reinstalling Windows 11 on Dell dual drive desktop with multiple partitions

Help, reinstalling Windows 11 on Dell dual drive desktop with multiple partitions: Hi, I've been having problems with my Dell dual drive desktop. I've already done a reset and the freezing still continues and now more frequently. I'm now at the point where I'm going to try to do a clean install. I've already created the USB bootable file, it's in PC and...
  7. Help I accidentally made my external drive active partition now my PC won't start says OS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help I accidentally made my external drive active partition now my PC won't start says OS...: Hello, I need help from any tech helper, I accidentally made my external hard drive active partition when I was trying to partition it on my Lenovo ideapad 3 now when am trying to start my laptop it says OS not found and fails to open, I went to some guys who repair computer...
  8. Help I accidentally made my external drive active partition now my PC won't start says OS...

Help I accidentally made my external drive active partition now my PC won't start says OS...: Hello, I need help from any tech helper, I accidentally made my external hard drive active partition when I was trying to partition it on my Lenovo ideapad 3 now when am trying to start my laptop it says OS not found and fails to open, I went to some guys who repair computer...
  9. Help I accidentally made my external drive active partition now my PC won't start says OS...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Need help with finding out what files are on each visible or hidden partition.

Need help with finding out what files are on each visible or hidden partition.: HiI'm on Win10 Home. My desktop has a 1TB single hard drive of which 909 GB is dedicated as the Primary partition as follows:I would like to see the files and folder structure on each partition but not sure how and what tool to use. I would like to delete some of the files in...