Windows 10: Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

Discus and support Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday, I published a 3 x 6 feet banner in Office Publisher, saved it into PDF and PNG format and shutdown my laptop. After a few minutes, I turned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Muhammad Qaisar Khan, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

Yesterday, I published a 3 x 6 feet banner in Office Publisher, saved it into PDF and PNG format and shutdown my laptop. After a few minutes, I turned on my laptop to edit these files. When my laptop turned on, I didn't see two partitions (Disk D and Disk E) but Disk C where I have installed my Windows 10 was shown. I opened Disk Management to take a look at the problem. Local Disk C was shown healthy as Primary and System partition but the other two partitions were neither shown healthy or primary partition nor unallocated. I tried to change drive letters and paths but I message dialog was opened:

"The operation failed to complete because Disk Management Console is not up-to-date. Refresh the view by using the refresh task...."

I tried to reinstall windows 10. On first try, I didn't see any one partition of D and E. I restarted the process. Now, Partition C and D were shown but E was not. I reinstalled windows 10 and checked out file explorer and Disk management again to know the problem. Now, I was able to change drive letter and path for Disk D (2nd partition) and Local Disk D was mounted. But the problem persisted with 3rd Partition. I tried to fix it with DISKPART. When I given the command "list disk" and "list volume" only three volumes were shown, first that is active partition needed for windows (500mb), second volume C where my windows is installed and third local disk D but fourth partition (Local Disk E) was not shown. When given command "list partition" all four partitions were shown but fourth partition E was with *.

I tried to fix problem with EaseUS partition master. I tried to change drive letter, I received message, "Failed to mount partition. Process failed (etc)" error code was not shown. I tried to explore using EaseUS, all data was safe and shown with no option of copy or move. But I couldn't explore it using file explorer. I think either partition is lost or not mounted.

Is it a software problem or hardware?

What should I do? What should I do to mount partition and save data?

Please help me to fix it.

Thank you. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem? ba132d93-658b-4b20-b454-2b0874d3c19b?upload=true.png

G
    M
    T
    Text-to-speech function is limited to 200 characters
    Options : History : Feedback : Donate Close

:)

Muhammad Qaisar Khan, Dec 10, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Uninstall problem

Open the Admin Command Prompt:
    1. diskpart
    2. List disk
    3. select disk # where # is the disk that contains hidden partitions
    4. list par
    5. select partition #
    6. delete partition OVERRIDE
    7. repeat steps 5 & 6 for the additional hidden partitions.
    8. exit
    OR:
    if you want to clean the whole disk, after step 3 above
    Type: clean
    Type: exit

topgundcp, Dec 10, 2018
  3. dencal Win User
    Uninstall problem

Thank you for your reply.
    Problem is I don't know which one to delete because they don't show drive letter. see att below.
    Both SSD,s are the same configured sizes. W10 is online all the time even though I am in W8.1

dencal, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

Getting a new PC tommorow...

• Set up your hardware
    • Insert CD/DVD install
    • Format a partition of 30GB as a quick format
    • Install the OS
    • Create a new partition D: for data, and S: for setupfiles
    • Put all your install files into S
    • Before installing, run windows update
    • Once up to date, reboot
    • Install AV
    • Update AV
    • NOW install any drivers
    • And then any software
    • Top Utils: ccleaner, defraggler, tclock, utramon, winrar, irfanview, wordweb, malwarebytes, speedfan,
    • Now create a partition copy of your C: into a hidden partition. If you evey need to reformat, you just copy the setup from the hidden partition
    • You might want Acronis Disk Director to do the previous step. Easy

lemonadesoda, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem?

1. Partition Hidden: Hardware Problem or Software Problem? - Similar Threads - Partition Hidden Hardware

2. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  3. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding for Hardware and Software Problems: Hi! I want to find and check whether are there any issues in my windows 10 PC's hardware and software. What is the best and the most appropriate way to do this and give out the 100% correct problems in my hardware and software......
  4. Finding for Hardware and Software Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Software/Hardware Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Software/Hardware Problems: Hello I had a problem where the PC just randomly "deleted" (well, idk how to phrase it) everything besides apps. I solved this issue using this https://appuals.com/temporary-profile-issues-in-windows-10/ (Solution 2) However, some problems persist, such as whenever I...
  6. Unsure if hardware or software problem, with dead system

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsure if hardware or software problem, with dead system: About the time of the MS Sept 2020 update, not sure of date so don't know if it's just a coincidence, I started having problems with my desktop. The monitor would show a lot of pixelation, then would just freeze. Required powering off to end it. This happened several more...
  7. DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD Drive Problem: Is it hardware or software?: I have a Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop. When I insert a "new" DVD, then try to open it, I get message: "Windows cannot read the disk in drive D:\. Make sure the disk uses a format the windows recognizes. If the disk is unformatted, you need to format it before using it"....
  8. Multiple hardware/software problems

Multiple hardware/software problems: I'm having multiple hardware a software problems now including: One of my 3.0 drives disconnecting and reconnecting. Morse beeps and different volumes. Sudden lag spikes. Broken copy and pasting. Overheating problems My computer charger and battery has recently been...
  9. Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...

Unsure if it is software or hardware problem...: When starting my laptop the screen goes black before it finishes loading, unless I unplug the power source, then it comes back on. Plug it in and it goes out, unplug and it comes back on. Is this a software problem or a hardware problem? It is an older Lenovo laptop, probably...
  10. Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor has disappeared - is this a hardware or software problem?: I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm running windows 10. I've tried pressing F5 and FN+F5 but nothing happens. I've had a look on various forums and all the advice seems to start with "go here", "go to this menu" etc but I have no idea how to go anywhere without a mouse. Any...