Windows 10: Partition Letter Change

Discus and support Partition Letter Change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When partition magic was available you could change a partition letter where you had installed your programs to another (example Programs on G:\... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Clockman, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Clockman Win User

Partition Letter Change

When partition magic was available you could change a partition letter where you had installed your programs to another (example Programs on G:\ partition would change it to D:\ (if available)) and change the register entries. Is there a program that will change the partition letter G:\programs to D:\programs and update the register?

:)

Clockman, Feb 4, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Partition not showing in win 10

OK, I got it . . .

Right click that partition and choose Assign a Drive Letter, or Change Drive Letter - whichever is available

Accept the drive letter suggested and click OK

That partition should then pop up in File Explorer . . .

DaveM121, Feb 4, 2018
  3. Changing of Drive partition letter in windows 10

my 500GB harddisk as shown in the Disk Management has the following partitions:

Windows ( C: ) = NTFS, Healthy, boot, page file, Primary Partition, 194,42 GB

Data ( E: ) = NTFS, Healthy, Primary Partition, 251.54 GB

Recovery ( D: ) = NFTS, Healthy OEM Partition, 18.43 GB

Recovery ( D: ) =Healthy, OEM Partition, 18.43 GB

No volume = Healthy, Recovery Partition, 400 MB

No volume = Healthy, EFI System Partition, 260 MB

No volume = Healthy, Recovery Partition, 900 MB

i wish to change Recovery Drive letter D to say E and the Data drive letter E to D, but when I clip on both The Recovery drive D, no other menu come up for changing the drive letter and the word Help coming out.

Please give advice as how to change the Recovery Drive letter D to other drive letter or to E

Your early advice is greatly appreciated.

thank you

wongling syu, Feb 4, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Partition Letter Change

Why would you want to do this if G works?

cereberus, Feb 4, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    You can do that in windows

Samuria, Feb 4, 2018
  6. Clockman Win User
    Thanks, cereberus for your question
    Put the Programs on a different drive than tha OS (Safety).

Thanks, Samuria for your reply.
    I know how to change partition letters in administrative tools and disk management. But will it also update the register?

Clockman, Feb 4, 2018
  7. CountMike New Member
    Not for programs already installed and paths defined.

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Partition Letter Change

1. Partition Letter Change - Similar Threads - Partition Letter Change

2. Windows Partition Letter Is --- ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Partition Letter Is --- ?: so I was bitlock encrypting my SanDisk Cruzer glide 64gb and I accidentally pulled it out at 3/4 of the way and now that partition is missing and it says its mounted to --- and i haven't been able to do anything and also im running on windows education edition cause I'm a...
  3. Windows Partition Letter Is --- ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Partition Letter Is --- ?: so I was bitlock encrypting my SanDisk Cruzer glide 64gb and I accidentally pulled it out at 3/4 of the way and now that partition is missing and it says its mounted to --- and i haven't been able to do anything and also im running on windows education edition cause I'm a...
  4. Windows Partition Letter Is --- ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.: I recently performed a custom installation of Windows to get rid of another problem I was having. It left a SYSTEM D: drive in my files that I can't access. When I tried to plugged in my external hard drive, it defaulted to an E: drive letter. This messed with some paths for...
  6. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.: I recently performed a custom installation of Windows to get rid of another problem I was having. It left a SYSTEM D: drive in my files that I can't access. When I tried to plugged in my external hard drive, it defaulted to an E: drive letter. This messed with some paths for...
  7. Changing the Drive Letter of a System Partition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. partition letter problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partition letter problem: Windows 10 Pro V 21H1 Build 19043.1165For some reason, File Explorer will not display volumes with letters I and J. I can assign them with Disk Mgt. and browse them from there, or manually put the drive letter in Explorer, but it will not show up in explorer. Diskpart sees it...
  9. Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter

Cannot change unallocated space into partition with drive letter: I want to create a new partition inside Windows 21H1 for a new Macrium backup until I can later get a large enough USB stick (in addition: I want both internal and external storage). I did take some unallocated space from C:/ -- cannot have storage destination in C.\ or any...
  10. Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition

Changing/Adding the letter assigned to system partition: I wanted to activate BitLocker on C: partition....But when I tried, I got this message: "BitLocker Setup requires the drive file system to be NTFS. Convert the file system and run BitLocker Setup again." This is how my drives look like: (C) - Simple -Basic - NTFS -...